Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST >
  • September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST

• September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST

Old 08-28-2012, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    You don't think I'll visit?
    Ahh, if you're going to come visiting, dive in and do a package too, you've got enough stash stuff to fill a tanker, I bet, and if you don't send anything other then say some of your wonderful beach plum jam, which I'm still hoping to be a lucky sp to get some.....would remind me of all the years we stole away to Nantucket off season for a weekend or 2....and now I'm 5 hours minimum to any beach in any direction. Gone are the days I saw the water 5 days a week as I commuted into Boston daily...
    Old 08-28-2012, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    You don't think I'll visit?
    I know you'll visit and I know you'll end up signing up....
    Old 08-28-2012, 09:29 AM

QuiltNut4Ever, I really like that pattern you make for your Secret Pals. Remember me if you get my name and I'll be very happy - I won't care what fabrics you use either!! Glad your trip was good. I've only been to NY once in my life and I was about 16 at the time - LOOOOONG time ago! Hubby and I traveled for the government many times during our working years, but when we retired, we decided to stay home - and stay we have. Trips are short and between sons and sister, that's it. Take care everyone and stay safe if you're in the path of Isaac.
    Old 08-28-2012, 11:47 AM

Thanks for the pattern Quiltnut4ever. I love making bags so I will definitely take a shot at this one!.
    Old 08-28-2012, 12:28 PM

I know we all like to receive packages in each month, but if anyone would like to contribute toward a one-sided package as an act of kindness for a QB member who doesn't do the swap, would you contact me?
    Old 08-28-2012, 06:16 PM

I am BUMMED EVERYONE.....I think I am going to have to sit this month out also. Finances are tight! But I will pop in and read and look at whatever pictures come in. My Computer is VERY OLD and SLOW and I am looking at replacing it, so my dollars must be saved for the new computer.
    Old 08-29-2012, 03:13 AM

Beeboop and Vanogay you're quite welcome! They're very easy and also wash very nice too. I'll keep you in mind Vanogay if you're my Sept. sp. Everyone have a good day and if you're in the area of Isaac please be safe.
    Old 08-29-2012, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz
    My husband told me last night no more swaps till I get the quilts made that I have already received... I better get to sewing! LOL, he knows I will just organize my sewing room better so he has no clue how many unfinished projects I actually have going on! I wonder what he would say if I walked into his shop and said OK No more wood till all this is finished and gone! Men~
    I know that feeling as wel. My dh is a wood worker too...and I have been waiting for my King Size captains bed for 5 years now!
    Old 08-29-2012, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz
    My husband told me last night no more swaps till I get the quilts made that I have already received... I better get to sewing! LOL, he knows I will just organize my sewing room better so he has no clue how many unfinished projects I actually have going on! I wonder what he would say if I walked into his shop and said OK No more wood till all this is finished and gone! Men~
    I saw this posted on facebook:
    My Husband said if I bought any more fabric he was leaving me, I will miss him !
    Old 08-29-2012, 10:57 AM
    Swap Hosts

Oh my dear friends, I am visiting, but signing up? *sigh* I don't think so.
    Too busy with a million things ... tracking down missing quilts for the Doll Quilt Swap (*ahem*)
    Finishing up the Patriotic Quilt for the Joann's employee ... which I am doing right now.
    Finishing sea horses and pink ribbons and who knows what all else for friends on the board ...
    And I have a mountain of tomatoes and peppers and figs and blackberries and raspberries that need to get processed fast ... we got sprayed last night for mosquitoes and I wanted to get as much picked as possible before the truck came through ...
    But ... today is the 29th ... and the deadline is the 31st ...
    If only people would be happy with whatever I put into a package so I wouldn't have to take the time for special shopping ... which can't be done right now ... c'est la vie!