Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST >
  • September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST

• September Secret Pal Sign up closes 8-31 4pm CST

Old 09-06-2012, 03:56 AM

I rec'd a RAK yesterday of buttons from Kristen K. Smith, but there was no borard name. I posted on the RAK thread but don't think she's on the thread. That's why I'm posting her in case she does or if someone knows her so I can properly thank her in a PM. Thx!
    Old 09-06-2012, 05:21 AM

This weekend will be my target to get my box together for my SP....Let's just say that there are some pretty cool buttons out there...it is so hard to choose which ones to get for her. And since I have to do a 2 hour demo at JoAnn's on Saturday I think I am going to Demo something that I will make for my SP....I am most certainly sure that I can get it done in that period of time.
    Old 09-06-2012, 05:36 AM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by SEGASAL
    This weekend will be my target to get my box together for my SP....Let's just say that there are some pretty cool buttons out there...it is so hard to choose which ones to get for her. And since I have to do a 2 hour demo at JoAnn's on Saturday I think I am going to Demo something that I will make for my SP....I am most certainly sure that I can get it done in that period of time.
    OoooH! How exciting. We want to hear all about it?
    Old 09-06-2012, 07:15 AM

Sorry I haven't been on for awhile, have been trying to unpack boxes. Somewhere in the move I hurt my back again and it keeps going into spasms and hurt like $%*#. So taking it slow. I have reading the posts and the hints are as good as usual lol and have had a few early mailers as well!
    Old 09-06-2012, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Grandma Peg
    Toomanyufo's my zip is 21, my favorite colors are blue and purple and my hair color is hard to describe as it is alot of grey with brown. That's a different question. Will be anxious to see why you wanted to know my hair color!!!
    Sorry Grandma Peg it's not you this month. SP your favorite color is PURPLE ~ You do not like a neutral color ~ I've given you enough hints you should know that you are my sp, so help me out.
    Old 09-06-2012, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by susansomethings
    Just thought this would bring a smile to some of you...[ATTACH=CONFIG]360282[/ATTACH]
    What a hoot, just showed it to DH and we both got a chuckle....

Am just drilling down into SP's list now, so it shouldn't be too long before it's winging it's way ....to a state that is on a great lake....got the candy, check, got the whooha, check, got the whatsis, check, got the thingamabob, check....now just have to wrestle it all into a package so I don't scare off the maillady....who informed me the last note I left for them that she was NOT a mailman, but a maillady....hhhhmmmm last time I saw the mail deliverer he sure looked male to me

Was going thru my books to find one to include and saw one that was called "Quilts to soothe the Soul", so since my SP said she likes to quilt to relax I thought AHA. Well, after looking through it, I decided not to send it, it's all about memory and memorial quilts for the departed, I'm not sure my SP wants to get quite that relaxed....

Last edited by greenini; 09-06-2012 at 08:25 AM.
    Old 09-06-2012, 08:18 AM

Oh my I think I had a whatis on my list, could this be me???
    Old 09-06-2012, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
    Sorry Grandma Peg it's not you this month. SP your favorite color is PURPLE ~ You do not like a neutral color ~ I've given you enough hints you should know that you are my sp, so help me out.
    Could this be me??? I would love to have a new friend from Maine....a place that I would love to visit sometime!!!
    Old 09-06-2012, 09:02 AM

So I have a question for you swappers especially the international ones. If you received a box with two yards of fabric with a comment on the shipping label that it was from your swapper would you be ok with that? Or if they dropped you a postcard in the mail saying that a box was coming? The reason I am asking is because I was able to purchase two yards of this persons favorite fabric for just four bucks more than the limit on an online shop and the shipping was the same as if I were to go to the postoffice and ship it off. I figure the four bucks more saved me a lot more in gas and time going to the store and post office. Does this see unthoughtful? I hope my person doesn't get offended but I did send her most fabric fabric line sooooooooo
    Old 09-06-2012, 10:19 AM

I think it was a great idea! They are letting her know that it was from her secret pal?