Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Opinion on Warm and Natural >
  • Opinion on Warm and Natural

• Opinion on Warm and Natural

Old 10-27-2012, 07:56 AM
    Power Poster

Walmart here sells it by the yard. I usually buy a whole bolt when I see a new one on the shelf or ask the dept manager to order me a bolt. Walmart has the bright white Warm and Natural too. The Walmart price is cheaper then the other places even with a coupon. Wal Mart also has the bamboo batting with no scrim, feels so soft and acts like the WN cotton. I bought a whole bolt of that for $3.98 a yard when it first came out. It is higher in price now but not much. I always keep a check on the batting bolts Walmart gets in. If it is a good price I buy the bolt. It may not be ordered again or available to order. Walmart carries all Pellon products by the yard.

Last edited by BellaBoo; 10-27-2012 at 08:01 AM.
    Old 10-27-2012, 08:04 AM

I have 2 rolls of w&n! We call it the "mayonaise syndrome" (after we ran out of mayonaise years ago we kept buying more until we had 3 quart bottles!). Sometimes it's hard being me!
    Old 10-27-2012, 08:27 AM
    Power Poster

I used to use Warm and Natural, but eventually found the drape stiff compared to other battngs. Currently use primarily Hobbs 80/20 or Mountain Mist Blue Ribbon cotton (a very traditional batting), depending on what I am making. There are *huge* differences in quilt batting. Different types are better for different applications. Choice of batting depends a lot on what you are making and the look you are going for. I personally have never tried to mix two different battings in a single quilt. Not only are shrinkage rates different, but drape and handling vary, plus the look of the quilting when finished.
    Old 10-27-2012, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Sierra
    I have 2 rolls of w&n! We call it the "mayonaise syndrome" (after we ran out of mayonaise years ago we kept buying more until we had 3 quart bottles!). Sometimes it's hard being me!
    LOL I've done the same, with Smucker's Simply Fruit Apricots. In the end, I had to beg the kids to take some home with them!
    Old 10-27-2012, 10:37 AM

I use Warm and Natural or Warm and White for every quilt I make. I machine quilt some and I hand quilt some. It's my favorite batting.
    Old 10-27-2012, 11:26 AM
    Power Poster

I would use only one type of batting in any quilt.
    Old 10-27-2012, 11:45 AM

I only use Warm & Natural. I love it. I usually buy 10--12 yards of the 90 inch wide so I have plenty for awhile. It isn't too expensive when you have a coupon.
    Sue
    Old 10-27-2012, 11:57 AM

My Best friend recently purchased me a bolt of W & N for my B-Day....LOVE it!
    Old 10-27-2012, 12:18 PM

I'm going to go against the grain and say I don't like Warm and Natural at all. My favorite is Hobbs 80/20 but I'd use practically anything before I used W&N.
    Old 10-27-2012, 12:36 PM

When I want a batting that has a bit more "structure" to it .. I love warm and Natural. Some time I preshrink it .. sometimes not ... it does tend to be my go to batting.. or when in doubt .. Warm and Natural. I do double bat it sometimes with a poly... I get great results when the warm and natural shrinks and the poly does not it gives more loft and definition to the quilting.... and a much warmer quilt.. with some weight to it.
    I also use Hobbs 80/20 or for very light weight quilts Cream rose or Cream white.