Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Civil War Block swap - One, Two Three >
  • Civil War Block swap - One, Two Three

• Civil War Block swap - One, Two Three

Old 10-29-2012, 05:08 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

My blocks arrived today! They are so nice, and they are not only color coordinated (lots of brown), but also will look very nice with the sashing fabric already picked out. It was snowing when I went to the mailbox--well, flurrying actually--and the electricity has gone off once already, but it is nothing compared to New York/New Jersey/Connecticut is experiencing, so my thoughts are with all of you. Stay warm and dry if you can.
    Old 10-29-2012, 06:07 PM

I received my package of blocks today. All I can say is WOW. They are all beautiful. I appreciate all the hard work that everyone did, especially Deb. My assortment had the correct amount of each pattern. I debated about joining this swap because I have so many UFOs but at the last minute I weakened and I am so glad that I did.

I have spent the day watching the news and Weather Channel. I hope everyone is safe tonight. Prayers and thoughts with all of you in the path of Sandy.
    Old 10-29-2012, 09:01 PM

I am glad that the blocks arrived and you all are pleased with the sets you got. Anna and Evie seem to be the ones who got the messed up block sets. I will make them right if you need me to......Evie, I do have double t's to send to you. Anna got one more star and one less double t....but she says she is okay with what she received.
    On a thankful note, the intense rain has been reduced to a steady rain, the basement is contained at this moment - you know, I have just realized that EVERY TIME I HOST A SWAP IT RAINS AND I HAVE WATER IN THE BASEMENT.
    We are dealing with wind now, but that has subsided just a bit. Thank you....all of you who prayed for me. GOD does hear prayers, even if we think HE may not. Please continue to pray and keep in your hearts those who are still in this storm path and will have losses.
    Old 10-30-2012, 05:52 AM

Well, despite our mailbox surprises, the big event of the day turned out to be Sandy, and our prayers go out to those who are still struggling with that storm. For those without power, I'm sending you warm and dry wishes. Deb, we are all glad to hear that your basement is dry.

Meanwhile, here's a pic of the beautiful blocks I received along with special thanks to Deb, first of all, and Evie, Judy, Ronda, Kris, Veronica, Sheri, Diane, and Quilter Momma. I've learned something new in these swaps: I should identify my blocks. Somehow that little detail slipped past me, but I'm glad that I wasn't the only one to forget. These blocks are all works of art.

Dorothy
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Swap blocks.JPG
Views:	353
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	373408  
    Old 10-30-2012, 07:12 AM

Ronda was another one who got caught up in the mess. I really did a number on her!!!! I will swap out what for what she needs. Please, if you did get messed, and really are not happy, don't just be gracious and say it is okay. It isn't, I made a mistake and want to make it right.
    Old 10-30-2012, 07:21 AM

Here are my beautiful blocks. Thank You to all. [ATTACH=CONFIG]373450[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]373452[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]373453[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]373454[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	vcm_s_kf_repr_832x624.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	373448   Click image for larger version

Name:	vcm_s_kf_m160_160x120.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	373450   Click image for larger version

Views:	140
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	373452   Click image for larger version

Views:	102
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	373453   Click image for larger version

Views:	180
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	373454  

Old 10-30-2012, 08:01 AM
    Power Poster

Just checked the mail. Still waiting for mine. Love looking at all these pretties. i am trying to get things done so i can just play with mine when they get here.
    Old 10-30-2012, 08:24 AM

They were beautiful. I had a hard time parting with them!
    Old 10-30-2012, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    Ronda was another one who got caught up in the mess. I really did a number on her!!!! I will swap out what for what she needs. Please, if you did get messed, and really are not happy, don't just be gracious and say it is okay. It isn't, I made a mistake and want to make it right.
    Deb, you didn't do a number on me...just a teensie oopsie (she's being waaay to critical of herself guys), but we'll get it all worked out...no worries. Your job was super hard...as a fellow swapper, I DO understand And the blocks are sooo beautiful aren't they????? You picked terrific ones with an awesome color palette. You're the best!

Old 10-30-2012, 04:27 PM
    Power Poster

Mine arrived today,too. Now to get them sewn together and take to showntell at guild! Thanks Deb and everyone! Just a beautiful job of sewing by all.