Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Thanks for all the advice! Revised pink and Green Arrowhead >
  • Thanks for all the advice! Revised pink and Green Arrowhead

• Thanks for all the advice! Revised pink and Green Arrowhead

Old 12-15-2012, 11:39 AM

I like your floral and I loved the original arrowheads with white and these print ones, too, but IMHO neither the colors nor the arrowhead pattern works with the floral. There are lots of good ideas offered above but I think I'd stop trying to match the colors in the floral and use a cream or tan or a pastel version of one of the print colors. An all-over lattice , for example, could showcase the floral.
    Old 12-15-2012, 12:35 PM

Still don't like the floral fabric. Why don't you use it fot the backing? Your not getting enough value in you blocks. My mantra that I learned from a world class instructor..." Colour gets all the credit but value does all the work".

I invested in those red and green windows they sell at the quilt shops. When I doubt myself, I look through these.it has improved my colour choices two fold. Just trying to be helpful since you asked.
    Old 12-15-2012, 01:15 PM

I'm sorry I don't know how to attach pictures to my replies so I would end starting a new thread, but these arrowhead blocks are made by starting 2 inches down from the top right corner, sew down the side, pivot and sew across the bottom. Turn the block, starting 2 inches down from the opposiste corner, sew down the side and across the bottom. Cut the block on the diagonal thru the sewn corners. Stack the triangles, cut 2 inches from the long side and another 2 inches along the bottom. This will give you presewn pieces that form the block. This is not my method, I don't know the origin of it. I will attempt a tutorial, but I have only very basic computer skills. Tammy
    Old 12-15-2012, 01:35 PM

I agree, on my monitor the darker peach of the block does not seem to go with the flowers. The batik seems to be more in the same directions. Much nicer though than the white. Keep going!

Originally Posted by ube quilting
    I love the block you are making and the greens are perfect. IMHO the peach is not the right color for the floral. If what I see is acurate the floral is more pink than peach so I would do a light pink w/ medium pink block or medium/dark pink block. I do like the light pinkish fabric but the peach is just not right. I would try another pink.
    Keep us posted on your choice. I'm anxious to see the progression on this pretty block.
    peace
    Old 12-15-2012, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
    My monitor must be off - I don't like the light green with the floral print.
    I thought the same thing I think the hue might be off.
    Old 12-15-2012, 02:22 PM

Like the green block is light and darker green, the peach needs contrast. Maybe a coral and peach?
    Old 12-15-2012, 04:47 PM

I agree with snipforfun, the block and floral together are not my favorite, I think the quilt of just the blocks is beautiful., maybe have to put on my to do list.. thanks for the link! JB
    Old 12-15-2012, 07:38 PM

IMHO, the green look more modern while the peach looks 'vintage' or 'beachy'. The green is very complimentary to the floral, as well where the peach seems to wash out.
    Old 12-16-2012, 06:33 PM

Could you make a few color copies of each block and put them on a design wall to study? Personally I like those blocks better without sashing.
    Old 12-18-2012, 08:11 PM

I decided to shelve it fornow. I have a picture in my head and it is not working out. I will work on something else and maybe inspiration with strike me, but for now back in the closet it goes. Thank you eveyone for your help. tjk