Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Did you get sewing accomplished this weekend? >
  • Did you get sewing accomplished this weekend?

• Did you get sewing accomplished this weekend?

Old 01-07-2013, 04:20 AM

Yes, I did a lot of hand stitching of a pieced quilt top over the weekend. Just in the putting together pieces stage of it. Have a LONG way to go yet to finish the top pieces.
    Old 01-07-2013, 04:28 AM

I played with the embroidery function of my Janome 9700. I am redoing my quilt guild name tags. My first ones are too big and i won't wear them because it is like wearing potholders. I was pretty green 6 years ago when i joined 3 guilds.

I really need to use the embroidery function more often. I have too much $$ ted up in thread etc.

Sandy
    Old 01-07-2013, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by francie yuhas
    I had 2cups of coffee,and organized my sewing stuff into bins..put all the '" friends in the same bin,sorted,folded,redid until my boogered up ankle just stopped me. I'm pretty sore,but it's now tolerable. I'm still overwhelmed by my scraps,and since I heard about " crumb quilts " ,more so. Oh well.
    Each January I donate two garbage bags of scraps to our local 4H. They learn to quilt and they make charity quilts . I will not live long enough to se up scraps and i don't like to make "scrappy" projects. I get rid of the visual clutter and donate to a good cause at the same time. Good to purge!
    Sandy
    Old 01-07-2013, 06:25 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by adamae
    No sewing, taking meds for the flu, cold, crud, whatever...it is so-o-o miserable. I hate being sick. Glad to see others being productive.
    this was me as well i was hardly on the board, either
    Old 01-07-2013, 06:33 AM

I made princess pillowcases for my granddaughters with them standing over me and watching. They are 5yrs. And 2yrs. Old. I also finished 2 crochet afghans for my brother's twin grand babies. This week I have 4 block of the month blocks to make and continue piecing a flannel quilt. I hope to finish the flannel quilt top and start quilting it. It is my finish in January project. I am determined to finish one project each month this year! The days of the week that the holidays fell on this year kept us mixed up for a while. I am glad to have some normal weeks now so I can make progress on my sewing.
    Old 01-07-2013, 07:12 AM

I stitched down the binding for 1/2 of my nephew's quilt while waiting at hockey rinks before and between my son's games. I also planned the colors out for the next quilt.

Cheers, K
    Old 01-07-2013, 12:40 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jingle
    I finished up my last quilt for last year and finished up the first quilt for this year. Started putting together pieces I had cut up last Dec. I ended up with enough pieces for three quilts, different sizes, two D9P and one pinwheels. Same colors. I sew about every evening and on weeklends while I do laundry and cleaning.
    I had to correct this. Last evening I didn't realize I had so many mistakes in the original post.
    Old 01-07-2013, 12:58 PM

I quilted (FMQ) 3 Mardi Gras tablerunners for friends, quilted a Valentine tablerunner for myself, and quilted a baby quilt, also put the binding on each. It was a rainy weekend down this way, the perfect weekend to sew. DH was watching football and Jessie Stone movies.
    Old 01-07-2013, 05:41 PM

Was busy moving this weekend, but prepped hand work to do this week until I get my new sewing area set up....Getting so much space now...For me though it doesn't make much difference what day it is..I am on disability and at times not even sure if it it the weekend!! LOL
    Old 01-07-2013, 07:41 PM

I didn't have time to sew, but I did get a lot of cutting done in preparation for an upcoming quilt. My stash never looks any smaller though regardless of how much I cut up.