Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
  • SAVE THE DATE: Chicago Quilt Show 2013 >
  • SAVE THE DATE: Chicago Quilt Show 2013

• SAVE THE DATE: Chicago Quilt Show 2013

Old 03-20-2013, 02:14 PM

I haven't been to the Schaumburg show but the first big show I went to was the International Quilt Show. Had a wonderful time. Some quilters gave me advice to be sure and check out all the vendors before purchasing and still do that today. It keeps you from overpaying and helps in making good decisions so if you spot a pricier item you must have, you can adjust your budget accordingly....also, some vendors have the same merchandise for less. I pay a little extra for the booklet at the entrance (around $10) and mark booths with little notes so I'm sure not to miss something on the second (or third lol) time around. Afterwards, I tape any business cards to the same section so I can keep in touch with shops that offer online fabrics or notions.

For the quilts, I take my time going through. I photograph some of my favorites when allowed.
    Old 03-20-2013, 04:22 PM

I may head up for this! Will have to wait until I get my girls dance rehearsal schedule. Thanks for the info!

Jacki
    Old 03-21-2013, 02:55 AM

Thanks Lori and RetroGirl. I think I will have to try to go to the International Quilt Show also. I have already arranged to go to Schaumburg, will just have to budget for the next one. Thanks so much for the info!

AngelaZ
    Old 03-25-2013, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B
    if it is in Rosemont why is it called Chicago...........Should be Illinois, if nothing else.......JMHO
    I will probably go being that it is NOT in Chicago!!!!!
    That is probably because Rosemont is sandwiched in between Chicago and the Chicago (Ohare) airport....besides Chicago seems to love to take over things....lol

The show is quite nice at this location. My only complaint is the parking...to pricey.
    Old 03-25-2013, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by retrogirl02
    I haven't been to the Schaumburg show but the first big show I went to was the International Quilt Show. Had a wonderful time. Some quilters gave me advice to be sure and check out all the vendors before purchasing and still do that today. It keeps you from overpaying and helps in making good decisions so if you spot a pricier item you must have, you can adjust your budget accordingly....also, some vendors have the same merchandise for less. I pay a little extra for the booklet at the entrance (around $10) and mark booths with little notes so I'm sure not to miss something on the second (or third lol) time around. Afterwards, I tape any business cards to the same section so I can keep in touch with shops that offer online fabrics or notions.

For the quilts, I take my time going through. I photograph some of my favorites when allowed.
    The IQS show is much better than the Schaumburg show. I just love the Rosemont IQS ....plus the vendor section is to die for.
    Old 03-25-2013, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S
    I know I will be there . I went into mourning when they took it to Cinncinatti.
    I so agree, Lori...
    I am planning to go to this show, but will have to wait and see. Having a knee replacement and may not be able to handle it. Susie
    Old 04-06-2013, 12:05 PM

Susie, I'm supposed to have knee surgery (possible replacement) around then, too. Putting it off until summer....may just have to put it off until after the show!!!LOL It's a small world.
    So glad to hear other quilters from the board are planning to attend.
    Old 04-06-2013, 12:07 PM

Angelaz & Jacki glad to hear you're planning to attend....keep in touch as we get closer to the date if you'd like to meet up.
    Old 04-06-2013, 01:49 PM

My daughter and I had a great time in Schaumburg. It wasn't as large and busy as I imagined it would be, but it was perfect for a first time. The drive down was easy and the parking was free and so easy to walk in. I am hoping that I can make it to the International and would love to meet up with others. We got to try out a long arm in person. It was a LOT of FUN! Now I understand longarmers when they way they love quilting. I would too on one of those machines, although I don't think I have the artistry or vision they have. It will be here before we know it!!

Angela
    Old 06-11-2013, 08:27 AM

I just booked tickets for travel from MO to Chicago w/grand daughter. Don't know which day(s) we will attend yet.