Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Sign Up July 2013 47th Doll Quilt Swap - Self Portrait and/or Where I Live >

Old 06-24-2013, 07:25 AM

Ok, I've thought long and hard.....I am going to skip the July swap....maybe I'll do the August, we'll see. Truth is, I can't really get excited about wack, folky/artsy, or whatever quilts. Yikes I'm probably gonna get blasted for that but I just really like traditional quilts, even modern reinterpretations but not wild n wacky. Remember, I said I'm boring? Lol. I am PMing Krystyna since I originally said I am in. I will watch with great enjoyment though as I see everyone else's coming in. Have fun!
    Old 06-24-2013, 07:51 AM

Cogito, I bet there is someone else in the swap of like mind who would love to have you for a partner. The themes are always optional. You might be a sigh of relief for another swapper who feels just like you do.
    Old 06-24-2013, 09:35 AM

Glad we have a couple of new ladies...this is a great swap and so much fun. I still have no idea what I will do this month but I have been doing some drawings...I will get there..Hey Bertie, I live in the corn field, too! What is a NY/NJ woman doing in Illinois? Playing with her grandchildren that is what!!!...and loving every minute of it!
    Old 06-24-2013, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Lynnie25
    So I made a start on my 'self portrait' quilt for this swap - and spent some time quilting it at the weekend. DH saw it and wants me to keep it as he loves it - says it reminds him of me many years ago (I assume he means the rounded bottom and slim waist) so I will take that as a compliment as I don't think my rear end has ever looked that good in or out of a polka dot bathing suit

Anyhoo, I have had to think up another little quilty idea and I won't show him this one - just a pic when it's half way across the Pacific !
    love this!!
    Old 06-24-2013, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble
    Lynnie that is Completely Fabulous! You should design and market a whole line of patterns like this!
    I can't take credit for designing this - I saw a tiny picture online somewhere and drew it up from that, changing a few things to suit my liking. Just fused it onto background fabric, machine blanket-stitched around, so so easy to do.
    Old 06-24-2013, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble
    Cogito, I bet there is someone else in the swap of like mind who would love to have you for a partner. The themes are always optional. You might be a sigh of relief for another swapper who feels just like you do.
    Cogito, don't get discouraged because of the theme this month, stay in and wait and see who your partner is. I always make a start on a little quilt but if I get a partner who wants something different I do another one to suit.

I challenge myself each month to try out new patterns or techniques on my little dolls quilts as I don't participate in classes at the local LQS so this is my way to learn (or a lot of time mess up) something new. You might be surprised to know that I am a very traditional quilter too, most of my quilts are very geometrically designed. But I push myself continually to 'take a big step outside the box' - no wonder my head hurts a lot
    Old 06-24-2013, 12:51 PM

Lynnie, You're self portrait bathing beauty is the best!
    Old 06-24-2013, 02:49 PM

Oh my gosh - what have I gotten myself into!! That self portrait is stunning!! Cogito, I'm more of a traditionalist quilter too and a fairly new one - so I hope my swap partner won't be disappointed.
    Old 06-24-2013, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Linny
    Lynnie, You're self portrait bathing beauty is the best!
    In reality, this isn't a TRUE self portrait - I never wear a hat at the beach ROFL !!!! I have picked out another pic to draw up that DH says is much more my true self (and sadly it is) so there will be no 'photo-shopping' on this one - you will see the real me
    Old 06-24-2013, 05:05 PM
    Swap Hosts

Lyn, that is simply amazing! I love, love, love it! What a bathing beauty you are!

Cogito, no quitting! Will pair you with a traditionalist. Like KLGLS?