Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip! >
  • Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

• Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip!

Old 01-07-2014, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by m-fay
    I'm waiting too. I was a late starter but have now done all 5.
    I am impressed!! Great job!!! I am sure you have submitted pictures each time and I missed them, but still very impressed you have done all the train rides!!!
    Old 01-09-2014, 07:51 AM

Judy Judy Judy, where art thou????? I amgetting anxious sitting here with the others waiting for some direction. I hope the train did not get derailed. I am going to have to leave all of you on Sunday to take a trip to Australia and was hoping to see something from Judy but then maybe she will wait until I return at the beginning of Feb. That would be great for me. LOL. Oh by the way, I moved a huge motor home over by the camp fire so that we can all fit inside to stay warm while we wait. Lots of beds for one and all and we can quilt while we wait. Lots of space for our sewing machines and tables and what ever we can dream up. Oh and a large kitchen for those who like to partake in the goodies we all make. I also have a deal with Starbucks to deliver every morning what ever we want. So we should be comfy until Judy arrives.
    Old 01-09-2014, 05:23 PM

I'm joining on this one also. hope it is a full size quilt. I like those. so scoot over , and make room for me around the camp fire. the 15th of each month will be a nice departing time for me. that way, we can jump on and off, and go take side trips. I see lots of familiar faces. good. judy's train trips are always fun.
    Old 01-10-2014, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by sewNso
    I'm joining on this one also. hope it is a full size quilt. I like those. so scoot over , and make room for me around the camp fire. the 15th of each month will be a nice departing time for me. that way, we can jump on and off, and go take side trips. I see lots of familiar faces. good. judy's train trips are always fun.
    Funny how we all think differently. I like the smaller projects incase I don't like my choices of colors or they don't prove to come out well with the project, then not so much material used. Doens't matter either way cause I always look forward to these trips. I put some campfire foil potato packets on the grill with saucey wings for something different tonight.
    Old 01-10-2014, 11:29 AM

Did anyone send her a PM to ask? hehe, I doubt she monitors this old thread.
    Old 01-11-2014, 06:02 AM

I think there was a post saying she'd be starting sometime around the middle of January. I've been known to be wrong. There's a lot of work to do to create the mystery and do the write ups. So, we'll need to be patient a bit longer, and I've brought my taco soup for anyone who needs some protein! :-)
    Old 01-11-2014, 10:41 AM

Coopah Taco Soup sounds wonderful.. are you sharing the recipe or just tempting out taste-buds as we sit around the campfire; staying toasty and warm? I have several projects I am working on and this morning cannot seem to decide which one to play with. Usually when I feel this way.. I start a new project.. However I really need to get some of these projects to their next stage. So Im thinking I will work on my oldest UFO today which happens to be the third Mystery Train. Will Share some pictures later today with all you campers. Thus I have committed myself to getting it moving along. What UFO's are others working on while we are waiting on the Train????
    Old 01-11-2014, 11:01 AM

I agree, that taco soup sounds yummy! Not working on UFOs at the moment. Have some swap items to finish before I get back to wip for youngest DS. Was supposed to be birthday/ Christmas 2013, but looks like it will have to be for 2014 instead. Kept/keep on changing my mind on how I'm going to do this quilt. 😃
    Old 01-11-2014, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by urgodschild2
    Judy Judy Judy, where art thou????? I amgetting anxious sitting here with the others waiting for some direction. I hope the train did not get derailed. I am going to have to leave all of you on Sunday to take a trip to Australia and was hoping to see something from Judy but then maybe she will wait until I return at the beginning of Feb. That would be great for me. LOL. Oh by the way, I moved a huge motor home over by the camp fire so that we can all fit inside to stay warm while we wait. Lots of beds for one and all and we can quilt while we wait. Lots of space for our sewing machines and tables and what ever we can dream up. Oh and a large kitchen for those who like to partake in the goodies we all make. I also have a deal with Starbucks to deliver every morning what ever we want. So we should be comfy until Judy arrives.
    Have fun in Australia...Pop in & visit me, if I'm not home I may be waiting for Judy in your snug motorhome.
    Old 01-11-2014, 07:52 PM

Lots of familiar names on here. Jenniky, I'm making UFO's. have 3 mystery train rides Tops done but yet to be quilted and 2 Medallions I'm working on and a stash of material ready for the new Mystery train. I've only got a week of solitude left then we go travelling again. I think I heard that Judy's starting this one on the 15th Jan, Coud be wrong though.