Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • QB Help Center
  • Finding answers to questions AND saving threads >
  • Finding answers to questions AND saving threads

• Finding answers to questions AND saving threads

Old 01-30-2014, 06:21 AM

Red face Finding answers to questions AND saving threads

The other day when reading a thread about the use of starch, I asked about the precise method. After much searching, I found where I had asked the question and it said 32 replies. If those replies were in answer to my question, I sure couldn't find them. I thought perhaps the 32 indicated the number of posts in that thread and that essentially there were no additional comments following my post. Hope I have stated this clearly. Can I go back to that thread and just PM the author for the additional info.

Also, several years ago, before the Board was revamped, I thought I remembered being able to "save"
    threads that I thought I might need to return to without such a lengthy search. Is that possible? If so, how do I do that?

Thanks in advance.
    Old 01-30-2014, 06:25 AM
    CRO

When I wand to "save" a thread I subscribe to it. Then I can go into my settings and it is there in my subscribed threads. I think I have 4 pages of threads now.
    Old 01-30-2014, 09:57 AM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...h-t239254.html Here's the link to the entire thread. I found it by being on your profile, and clicking on your "find latest posts" link. It showed that you had posted on two, and I was able to click on the link for this one and go to page that showed the 32 posts on the thread. It's very simple to save a thread, you simply click on "thread tools" above the post, and follow prompts to subscribe.
    Old 01-30-2014, 10:12 AM

w
    Originally Posted by mzzzquilts
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...h-t239254.html Here's the link to the entire thread. I found it by being on your profile, and clicking on your "find latest posts" link. It showed that you had posted on two, and I was able to click on the link for this one and go to page that showed the 32 posts on the thread. It's very simple to save a thread, you simply click on "thread tools" above the post, and follow prompts to subscribe.
    Where is thread tools? I don't see it, maybe I am looking in the wrong place?
    Old 01-30-2014, 11:15 AM
    CRO

Right above the first post on the page is a line that has view first unread, thread tools, search thread, and display.
    Old 01-31-2014, 06:06 AM

Good Morning and THANKS SO VERY, VERY MUCH! I so appreciate the help! You all are great!
    Old 02-01-2014, 07:21 AM

I recently posted a thread asking if anyone know if I could oil my Singer Athena. No answer so am asking again. I have always been told NOT TO OIL but I only use this machine occasionally and I do think that it requires some lubrication. However, having been told not to OIL I am hesitating to do so. I do not want to pay for an overhaul as the machine does not warrant that. Anyone have any thoughts about this?