Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • 2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month >
  • 2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

• 2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 03-22-2014, 11:02 AM

Carriem- That happens at my house, too. The Immediates and the Have-tos elbow their way to the front of the line and push the others back where they wait quietly and calmly until their turns. Sometimes they get so comfy in their spots they nod off and get stuck! Speaking of elbows, how is yours?
    Old 03-23-2014, 04:07 AM

QltrSue--thanks for asking about my elbow. It is getting better, but still not healed enough to do paper piecing...too much cutting all together. My shoulder is still bothering me too. I have been getting some quiting in though. I got a top together at my retreat a couple weeks ago and then last week I have been sashing/quilting a mystery block swap I participated in during 2013. I am ready to add borders, but as usual something else came up I need to work on.

I quilted each block individually with just batting on the back and will add the backing in one piece. Like she does on this site:http://maureencracknellhandmade.blog...-tutorial.html This is the first time I've tried this. It's good I did it this way as I realized after taking this picture that I had 2 blocks mixed up and they were easy to switch! The green in the bottom right and the purple above it are now switched.
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03375.jpeg
Views:	602
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	468572  
    Old 03-23-2014, 10:50 AM

Wish me luck. Here are my next UFO projects. 4 quilts that need binding (at least I got them through the quilting stage ) I plan to work on these in the evenings, between catching up on my long arm quilting. The goal - finish all of these before I head to retreat next month, where I have 4 new projects planned. At least that way I'll have kept my UFO pile steady rather than increasing
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]468607[/ATTACH]

Name:	P3220223.JPG
Views:	1297
Size:	186.3 KB
ID:	468607  
    Old 03-23-2014, 02:16 PM

Adding 2 more to the list. Cleaned my sewing room and found 1 lost quilt, and one I've been avoiding for 8 months, because I don't like my binding options. I'm going to just get it done with what I have and gift it.

Originally Posted by kristakz
    Wish me luck. Here are my next UFO projects. 4 quilts that need binding (at least I got them through the quilting stage ) I plan to work on these in the evenings, between catching up on my long arm quilting. The goal - finish all of these before I head to retreat next month, where I have 4 new projects planned. At least that way I'll have kept my UFO pile steady rather than increasing
    Old 03-24-2014, 02:37 AM

Krista: Such fun looking quilts. Can't wait to see all of them! And I'm intriqued by #3 in the pile--curious about "low volume" colorways.
    Old 03-24-2014, 06:54 AM

Nancia, looking forward to seeing your DHs black and bright quilt.... I need more guy quilt ideas.... good to get back at things, I know.

Carriem- What a great pinwheel quilt.... and I have to agree with you, switching those blocks will make the eye move across the blocks so much easier.... Anxious to see it done. Woo... hoo..

Kristakz- They are almost done.... Yeah!! They look like really cute ones... binding won't take long.... even with 4+2 to finish..

Just like the little engine that could..... I know I can ..... I know I can...... just keep stitchin'.
    Old 03-24-2014, 05:43 PM

OK....I'm posting this photo just to make sure I stay on track and finish this UFO that I mentioned in my prior post. Still can't believe this has been sitting around for more than 10 years when I was so close to getting the top done way back then. I'm leaving for a retreat in two weeks and this will be on the top of my pile of projects to work on while I'm there!

Name:	IMG_5640.JPG
Views:	796
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	468850  
    Old 03-24-2014, 07:12 PM

Go Miss Rita! Go!
    Old 03-24-2014, 10:30 PM

Oh my gosh, you all are doing so well. I would like to start on another ufo, but, I am still working on Orca. I do have all of the blocks just about done! I think maybe by Thursday, then the assemble will start next week. I'm really thinking about using the qayg method I just read here...inspiration coming on. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    Old 03-25-2014, 06:06 AM

I spent most of yesterday going through baskets that I thought were UFOs. Many were just fabrics grouped together with a pattern. Many of those I looked at and decided that I really do not want to make that quilt. I pressed the fabric, refolded it and put it away! A LOT of the bins have precut strips and squares. I'm going to finish one UFO and then start a new quilt!