Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed >
  • BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed

• BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed

Old 05-14-2014, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]475576[/ATTACH] This is my fabric it is much brighter then the picture. Terriamn
    This is so pretty so many possibilities, the colors are terrific I'm always drawn to fall colors too.
    Old 05-14-2014, 06:59 PM

I may send out a few packages with two fabrics - I need a few more blocks and I'll be ready for my big quilt. The rest I am going to try and get some girl/boy blocks for upcoming baby projects.

I signed up for one of each of whatever happens. Yea for being an unemployed grad student (means I can spend all my time sewing)!
    Old 05-15-2014, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser
    I may send out a few packages with two fabrics - I need a few more blocks and I'll be ready for my big quilt. The rest I am going to try and get some girl/boy blocks for upcoming baby projects.

I signed up for one of each of whatever happens. Yea for being an unemployed grad student (means I can spend all my time sewing)!
    There you are! Was hoping you were joining this super group! Look forward to swapping with you again!
    Bee
    Old 05-15-2014, 03:20 AM

Default Beautiful Blocks

Originally Posted by Libster
    Seems that the "Gang" is coming together nicely, Ladies! Loving all these names I'm seeing. Oh, did I mention..my F8s have been washed, cut and wrapped for quite a while now. They're just patiently waiting to go out.
    Libster! Thanks for the beautiful block from Boom 11! I love all my blocks from the Boom S&E Group. The color choice and block design gave the inspiration to my center medallion. The quilt is underway!
    Still trying to get feedback entered

Buzzy Bee
    Old 05-15-2014, 05:46 AM

So I went back and looked at pictures from past booms I think I am intimidated! I saw some really really great stuff where do you guys get your block ideas? Do you use patterns for them? Books? Magazines? On line? Please give me some hints and secrets on your beautiful work.

Also in reading the directions it says I should use removable labels on my baggies is there a particular label you use? Or way you do it that works for you?

Thanks for the hints
    Old 05-15-2014, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty
    Ok ...looks like the gang is buzzing again! Looking forward to sharing the summer together!

Hey There JC . . . .Happy Birthday. . . . Have A Great Day ! ! ! ! !

Hello All. . . . I'm In. . . . E-mail sent . . .
    [/QUOTE]

Meant Feb 13th -- not May but thanks!

Jane
    Old 05-15-2014, 06:32 AM

Hello Billi, Please don't be intimidated! We have swappers of all skill levels here and this is a great opportunity to learn new things. Last round, one of our swappers introduced some of us to a series of templates from which you can make lots of interesting blocks. There are plenty of books out, try your local library, or go to one of the many quilting sites including Quilterscache.com and you'll see lots and lots of blocks with fairly detailed instructions. Also, just look around this board and you'll find lots of blocks you like and oftentimes, you can simply recreate it by looking at it. Anyone else have other suggestions?

As for the labels, just any old label will do, as long as you write your board name on there so everyone knows which fabric is yours. You can also put a note inside describing any color suggestions you might like. For example, if you want blues and greens you can put that down or if you absolutely do not want orange, write that down.

Hope that helps.
    Originally Posted by Billi
    So I went back and looked at pictures from past booms I think I am intimidated! I saw some really really great stuff where do you guys get your block ideas? Do you use patterns for them? Books? Magazines? On line? Please give me some hints and secrets on your beautiful work.

Also in reading the directions it says I should use removable labels on my baggies is there a particular label you use? Or way you do it that works for you?

Thanks for the hints
    Old 05-15-2014, 06:54 AM

Here's my fabric:

Jane
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Boom moda.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	241.5 KB
ID:	475599  
    Old 05-15-2014, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by jclinganrey
    Here's my fabric:

Jane
    Beautiful floral....love pretty florals!
    Old 05-15-2014, 11:10 AM

Yes, I was a new Boom Swapper last round. Some wonderful quilter pointed me to www.quilterscache.com....school to the bottom of the home page and find "Blocks Galore"...click and find Blocks by Size.....then click 12 Inch ...and the list is terrific. The instructions easy to follow. I had a great time making new designs . Love that sight! Opened up a whole new world to this beginner!

QUOTE=Janice McC;6717142]Hello Billi, Please don't be intimidated! We have swappers of all skill levels here and this is a great opportunity to learn new things. Last round, one of our swappers introduced some of us to a series of templates from which you can make lots of interesting blocks. There are plenty of books out, try your local library, or go to one of the many quilting sites including Quilterscache.com and you'll see lots and lots of blocks with fairly detailed instructions. Also, just look around this board and you'll find lots of blocks you like and oftentimes, you can simply recreate it by looking at it. Anyone else have other suggestions?

As for the labels, just any old label will do, as long as you write your board name on there so everyone knows which fabric is yours. You can also put a note inside describing any color suggestions you might like. For example, if you want blues and greens you can put that down or if you absolutely do not want orange, write that down.

Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]