Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed >
  • BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed

• BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed

Old 05-31-2014, 04:52 AM

Love your fabric quilt addict any idea what color(s) you want with it... I think its a great piece to start with! I haven't decided what I am sending.. thinking gypsy like colors style.. but maybe its Christmas again.. one never knows with me
    Old 05-31-2014, 06:43 AM

I didn't get enough of the blue that I wanted and couldn't find more so I decided to go with Batiks. I would love to have black background but I realize that not everybody uses black or has black on hand so I will offer a choice of black and if you don't have black then white or white on white.
    I would like to have other opinions on this. Should I leave the background with a choice? Or would it be fair to request a black background?
    Phyllis
    sunrise450
    Old 05-31-2014, 06:57 AM

If you want black, just say black only. Sometimes if you don't have the requested fabric you may have to purchase a FQ or so but that's what these Booms are all about. Last 2 booms I requested white only because that's what I wanted on the quilts, only got 1 square back that wasn't. I did write preferences this time also and would rather that if someone doesn't have it or can't purchase it to just send back my fabric untouched. Don't think anyone uses UFO blocks that often when you only have 1 or 2. Just my opinion....
    Old 05-31-2014, 07:15 AM

I am putting a note with mine. I am thinking if you can pull out the aqua, red and/or orange that would be great. I am excited to see what wonderful, lovely creative things I get back. But I am in the slow group so will have to be patient.

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
    Love your fabric quilt addict any idea what color(s) you want with it... I think its a great piece to start with! I haven't decided what I am sending.. thinking gypsy like colors style.. but maybe its Christmas again.. one never knows with me
    Old 05-31-2014, 07:52 AM

I had another member on the board tell me she bought her 108 backing from a place called Fabric4less.com. and how great they were. I checked out their web site and they have hundreds or more bolts of fabric..from 44" up to 108". The only downfall is you have to buy a 15 yard bolt plus shipping at a time..I found a really pretty44" green leaf fabric from South Sea Imports that was on sale for $3.20 a yard.I figure I can use it for the backing on a couple scrap tops I have finished. It cost me $44 for the whole 15 yards plus $16 shipping an I had it In 3 days. Im very pleased with it.Im sure when I get enough $$ for fabric Ill be ordering some of the 108" that's only $5 or so a yard!I know its a wad at once but cant beat the price! Not sure Ill order a whole bolt of one design unless its for backing.. Anyone used them??
    Old 05-31-2014, 09:22 AM

Jaba's right. Make your desire known, just don't be too strict. For example, asking for a yellow background is reasonable but asking for a specific brand with a specific design may be too limiting. Last time around, I asked for a white only, any type of white at all, and I got completely different fabrics from the group but they all met my request and my blocks are lovely together. And as long as this came up, please do remember to abide by the requests you receive from the f8's owner. Everyone will be happier in the end.
    Originally Posted by jaba
    If you want black, just say black only. Sometimes if you don't have the requested fabric you may have to purchase a FQ or so but that's what these Booms are all about. Last 2 booms I requested white only because that's what I wanted on the quilts, only got 1 square back that wasn't. I did write preferences this time also and would rather that if someone doesn't have it or can't purchase it to just send back my fabric untouched. Don't think anyone uses UFO blocks that often when you only have 1 or 2. Just my opinion....

Last edited by Janice McC; 05-31-2014 at 09:26 AM.
    Old 05-31-2014, 09:46 AM

Thanks for the good advice. I just didn't want to be picky. Black it is! I am a happy camper and can pitcher a beautiful quilt!
    Phyllis
    Old 05-31-2014, 11:09 AM

For my blocks, I'm requesting a creamy off-white solid fabric; sometimes called Snow white or Antique white. I'll add a note with my F8.

Would it be helpful to add a small swatch to give an idea of what I'd like?

Jane
    Old 05-31-2014, 12:25 PM

Janice-just emailed you...hope it is not too late...di
    Old 05-31-2014, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by jclinganrey
    For my blocks, I'm requesting a creamy off-white solid fabric; sometimes called Snow white or Antique white. I'll add a note with my F8.

Would it be helpful to add a small swatch to give an idea of what I'd like?

Jane
    I think that's a very good idea, a small piece in each baggie since its not white white I for one would appricate a sample of what you are wanting. I have a plethora of 30's reprints going out pinks, blues, purples, reds, greens, yellows pretty much everything except orange I'm asking for everybody to use the colors they think are best but if white is in the plan to please use a white or w.o.w. not off white, tan or cream.