Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • How Many Machines Do You Have/Use? >
  • How Many Machines Do You Have/Use?

• How Many Machines Do You Have/Use?

Old 07-04-2014, 04:17 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Terri D.
    I have two Berninas, a 150 QE and a 1230. Love them both!
    I have two TOO!! Both Berninas 1530 & 1020. LOVE THEM !!

I also have a treadle that works and a Baby Lock serger I rarely use. Does that count???
    Old 07-04-2014, 04:18 AM

I have over 20, really need to sell some......... but I do use alot of them.... Featherweight or Elna Lotus for classes, 1950
    's Necchi for 'speed sewing" and alterations, a new Necchi for piecing, Janome 11000 for piecing and embroidery, Husky serger, Singer 99 and Elna Grasshopper when the other machines are used for specific projects and my Nolting Pro 24 longarm for quilting
    Old 07-04-2014, 04:24 AM

Let's see. I have a Viking 6490 ?, a great Kenmore made by Janome,a Janome 6600 , 6 301s (3 black,3 mocha, 3 long bed,3 shortbed) and an 1890 New Home Treadle. How many is that?i much prefer to piece on the 301s. IMHO, there is NO stitch comparable to one made on a straight stitch machine. My 6600 is used for quilting with the Accufeed. I really hate the sloppiness of the snap on plastic feet so never piece with it. The Kenmore made by Janome sews beautifully. I keep 2 301s in travel bags. I try to rotate the rest. I'm glad everyone fesses up about their collections. My friends think I'm nuts but when I need a part for my 301s, I just go to another that I purchased for less than the part would cost alone. No down time with these old machines and best of all- no motherboard to replace!
    Old 07-04-2014, 04:39 AM

I have 5 sewing machines, which I use three, two for piecing and one to finish quilts, I also have a long arm and a serger. One of the machine I sew on is upstairs in my extra bedroom so I can sew without going to my basement.
    Old 07-04-2014, 04:50 AM

My main machine is a Pfaff 7570 (also have the embroidery unit with it). I have a 1954 Singer Featherweight, which I sometimes take to classes, and since I teach sewing and quilting here at home, at present I have 3 student machines: Brother CS6000i, and this week got a SQ9185, and an older New Home. I also own a Viking 1100 which is out on permanent loan to a dear friend. I will be giving the New Home to a student if she begins to show some progress. Forgot, also have a Brother Serger
    Old 07-04-2014, 04:54 AM

I have 20 some, about 1/2 vintage and 1/2 more modern from the last 20 yrs to new. I also have a great husband who is an enabler, he like to treasure hunt thrift stores & sometimes picks up vintage machines that look decent. He does like to fiddle with the vintage ones, restoring them. But he has never sewn, I think he enjoys seeing me having fun with the machines, sometimes thinks of projects. If he hears of a new intersting machine from me, or our granddaughter or even a salesman he often says "buy it". He did that just last week when we were traveling, we stopped in a huge sewing machine/quilt store 5 hrs from home. The salesman pointed out a discounted show Jem Platinum 760, DH said "buy it", so of course I did.
    Old 07-04-2014, 05:27 AM

I have two Vikings that each have different features so I trade off as necessary. I also have two sergers that I use frequently. Thy all have a purpose and I use them a lot.
    Old 07-04-2014, 05:32 AM

I have two Brothers and 2 Vintage Singer. Then I have a couple that need some work done on them. One belonged to my MIL and the other one came from a yard sale. Probably wouldn't take too much to get them going. Just haven't had the time. I'm wanting to get a new embrodiery machine before long and a serger. Gotta save more money to do al of that. Oh well., a girl can dream, can't she???
    Old 07-04-2014, 05:40 AM

I have 5 machines, 2 sergers, a professional hemming machine & a long arm quilter. I have my favorite machine & serger that I use a lot.
    Old 07-04-2014, 05:50 AM

I have a total of 4. 2 Berninas - 440QE, 1 Featherweight, 1 Singer embroidery. I use both of my Berninas - I leave one up at the LQS for classes and day retreats, the other is in my sewing room set up in a cabinet. I am taking the Featherweight to an upcoming workshop with Pat Speth who is the author of "Nickel Quilts" and I use it also when I go on guild retreats. I rarely use the Singer embroidery machine. But I used to have 2 more that I finally sold.

Susan