Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Eq7 for mac >
  • Eq7 for mac

• Eq7 for mac

Old 10-05-2015, 07:20 AM

Default Eq7 for mac

Got an email today from quilt in a day. They have free shipping on eq7 today. Have been wanting to get it for along time. Does anyone have it installed on their MAC and do you like it? Thanks in advance.
    Old 10-05-2015, 08:40 AM

I've looked at it. I haven't purchased it because I'm afraid I'd spend too much time creating and little time sewing!
    Old 10-05-2015, 11:35 AM
    Power Poster

I don't have ANY Apple products in my home. I have had an EQ version in my home since 1995. I seldom quilt anything without using this program. With a click of a mouse, you can instantly resize a block or a quilt. LOVE IT. (PC version)
    Old 10-05-2015, 01:31 PM

I have the mac version and have used it quite a bit.
    Old 10-05-2015, 02:12 PM

Yes I have a Mac version however when I got it the version it was for a pc so I had to use the program Parallels to use it. I just recently got the Mac version and am really pleased. It is so much easier than having to open up the Parallels then EQ7. Oh and yes I love the program....there is a learning curve (I think I am still in that curve lol) but it is very user friendly!
    Old 10-05-2015, 02:22 PM

I've got it, and it's exactly like the Windows version.
    Old 10-16-2015, 07:42 PM

I'm considering getting it but need something intuitive so that I don't need my 12 year old son to hold my hand through every step. I've heard quite a mix from people here and on other sites about the ease (and difficulty) of learning the program. I would use the ama version. I'd love to hear more from folks here about the pros and cons of EQ7.
    Old 10-17-2015, 07:28 AM

If you're a Mac transplant from the Windows world, you'll love it. If, however, you've used Mac exclusively for years like me, brace yourself. EQ7 isn't really a Mac application . . .but rather a Windows application that was put thru a program so that it will run natively on a Mac. . .but it still looks like and functions like a Wondows application. So the file structure, etc. take some getting used to.

I installed it on my computer a year ago this summer . . .and only about three months ago, did I finally force myself to watch those juvenile videos on the app and learn how to use it. I'm working thru my second workbook now, and really enjoying all it can do.
    Old 10-17-2015, 01:48 PM

I have it, and LOVE it! I too had to use Parallels on my Mac just to use EQ7....Hated having to start of "the dark side" to use it. EQ7 itself does have a learning curve...but if you actually go through their manual...it does all make sense! I use mine all of the time...including scanning my own fabric stash so that when I design a quilt, I am using my own fabrics and really have a much better idea of what I want.
    Old 10-18-2015, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by ClairVoyantQuilter
    If you're a Mac transplant from the Windows world, you'll love it. If, however, you've used Mac exclusively for years like me, brace yourself. EQ7 isn't really a Mac application . . .but rather a Windows application that was put thru a program so that it will run natively on a Mac. . .but it still looks like and functions like a Wondows application. So the file structure, etc. take some getting used to.

I installed it on my computer a year ago this summer . . .and only about three months ago, did I finally force myself to watch those juvenile videos on the app and learn how to use it. I'm working thru my second workbook now, and really enjoying all it can do.
    Is this the Windows version that runs through Parallels or Bootcamp that you're speaking of? Because they recently put out an actual EQ for Mac, which runs like any other Mac program now. It's great that it doesn't have to run through a separate program anymore!