Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • So.....It's Come To This >
  • So.....It's Come To This

• So.....It's Come To This

Old 05-27-2017, 04:51 AM

Oh my, that would drive me insane. I have a brother quilt club that only does straight stitch, in fact I love this machine so much that I have two of them just in case lol. I also have a bernina that I never use, must try to some day lol. The only time I use my Janome is when I need to that lovely blanket stitch on an applique or my crazy patches etc and that is very seldom. I mostly just sew straight, so this certainly works for me. I feel for you guys as this would happen to me too. I like to make my life easy....
    Old 05-27-2017, 09:32 AM

I spend a lot of time standing in a room wondering why I came in there. I write lists and forget where they are. Getting old has its challenges.
    Old 05-27-2017, 03:33 PM

I've been doing that for years - since I was a kid. I read that walking from one room to another and forgetting why you did is a defensive instinct. Seems your brain is programmed to search the room you walked into for danger, and naturally forgets unimportant things like what you did or thought before you enter the new room.

It does make sense. The dangers of the first room have been conquered, and the dangers of the room ahead are unknown. Yes, even in a home you've lived in for years and years and years.

Or maybe it's a way that forces us to get more exercise. I can almost always remember what I wanted to get from the other room when I back track...
    Old 05-27-2017, 03:47 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Pennyhal
    I spend a lot of time standing in a room wondering why I came in there. I write lists and forget where they are. Getting old has its challenges.
    Someone told me a joke one time....Lately I have started thinking about the hereafter. I need something from another room, but by the time I get there I forget what I'm here after."