Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Recipes
  • Air Fryer Help >
  • Air Fryer Help

• Air Fryer Help

Old 10-24-2017, 04:41 PM

Lightbulb Air Fryer Help

Hi all: I would like Help! We bought one off the tv shopping channels, but you had to be king kong to push the basket in to make it work. So it got returned.

What I would like to know is: what brand+ size do you own that you are happy with And some of your favorite recipes.

I have a convection oven regular size and a Breville small oven. Would I be just as wise to buy the copper basket and tray to use in one of those instead of another counter space stealer???

Which would you prefer?
    TIA, Jennifer
    ps: it needs to be easy to push in and pull out. I'm getting weaker than I use to be, I hardly use my cast iron pans any longer.
    Old 10-24-2017, 04:43 PM
    Power Poster

I saw two of them at yard sales last fall !

We do have a friend that loves it, though.
    Old 10-24-2017, 04:56 PM

I bought the copper tray with basket-like rack to fix french fries on. Forget it They don't cook even and take forever.
    Old 10-25-2017, 03:31 AM

My advice to you.....stop watching those infomercials! Bought one....good to roast veggies in, fries......otherwise makes a great door stopper!
    Old 10-25-2017, 10:31 AM

I have one and I really like making my chicken nuggets in it. I soak the chunks in dill pickle juice for 30 minutes and then follow the dipping method of egg wash and coating after that. They are done in 10 minutes and so very good with the dill flavor.
    Thawed a salmon plank, cut in smaller pieces, foil to line the basket, lemon pepper and a spray of EVOO, again very good and quick.

I do not do fries so do not use it for that.

Check out Walmart to try one and see if you like it. Lots of recipes online.
    Old 10-25-2017, 02:23 PM

The trick on a lot of the air fryers is to tip the handle up a little as you're pushing it in. Then it should go in just fine.
    I absolutely love my air fryer. I use it a lot. It makes the best pork chops and steaks. We also use it for frozen french fries or tater tots, onion rings, etc. No oil and really crispy. Yum.
    Old 10-25-2017, 03:31 PM

Makes fantastic chicken, pork chops, ribs. Don't like fries in it.
    Old 10-25-2017, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tiggersmom
    Hi all: I would like Help! We bought one off the tv shopping channels, but you had to be king kong to push the basket in to make it work. So it got returned.

What I would like to know is: what brand+ size do you own that you are happy with And some of your favorite recipes.

I have a convection oven regular size and a Breville small oven. Would I be just as wise to buy the copper basket and tray to use in one of those instead of another counter space stealer???

Which would you prefer?
    TIA, Jennifer
    ps: it needs to be easy to push in and pull out. I'm getting weaker than I use to be, I hardly use my cast iron pans any longer.
    I read a few of the replies first to see what kind of feedback you got on this. I have the NuWave Brio and love it. I love fries (frozen) made in it. It was a gift, but I love not having to use an oven for just the two of us.

I have made pork chops (breaded) that turned out really well. Frozen bread sticks are great. I have made delicious brownies.

One thing to know is on some brands you have to slant the cooker to get it back into the main unit. I think this happens with the larger size...mine is only 3.2 quart.

Haven't used it lately but since we both volunteer daily at the animal shelter, no real time to fool around with cooking much.

Good luck. Like I said, I really like mine and would not get rid of it.
    Old 10-25-2017, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG
    The trick on a lot of the air fryers is to tip the handle up a little as you're pushing it in. Then it should go in just fine.
    I absolutely love my air fryer. I use it a lot. It makes the best pork chops and steaks. We also use it for frozen french fries or tater tots, onion rings, etc. No oil and really crispy. Yum.
    I like mine a lot too....but then I really don't want to use the stove oven if I can avoid id.
    Old 10-25-2017, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by slbram17
    I like mine a lot too....but then I really don't want to use the stove oven if I can avoid id.
    There are air fryer groups on facebook...great source for info and recipes.