Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Identify Quilt Pattern >
  • Identify Quilt Pattern

• Identify Quilt Pattern

Old 10-05-2022, 12:34 PM

Question Identify Quilt Pattern

Hello! I'm very new to quilting, I've only made a few patchwork quilts so far. My husband has a baby quilt that his grandmother made and I'm thinking I want to attempt to remake it but I'm having a hard time figuring out what pattern it is. I think I can do it based off looks but I'm willing to bet there's an easier way. Does anyone know what this pattern is called so I can look into it?

I uploaded the image, hopefully this works. I'm new to forums too! hahah

Thanks for the help!
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	quilt.jpg
Views:	9013
Size:	412.1 KB
ID:	640766  
    Old 10-05-2022, 03:40 PM

What a sweet quilt. I love the muted fabric colors. I've seen this pattern before, but I don't know the pattern name or where to find. I'll keep looking. Hopefully, someone in the board has the answer.
    Old 10-05-2022, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by materialworld
    What a sweet quilt. I love the muted fabric colors. I've seen this pattern before, but I don't know the pattern name or where to find. I'll keep looking. Hopefully, someone in the board has the answer.

It's definitely well-loved! Hoping I can do it justice in a remake even if I have to just puzzle it out. Thanks for looking!
    Old 10-05-2022, 04:15 PM

Eleanor Burn's has a pattern much like it called Cool Summer Porch.
    Old 10-05-2022, 05:48 PM

Look thru the free patterns at Quilted Twins, Jordan Fabrics & Miss. Star. I have also seen it recently.
    Old 10-05-2022, 06:15 PM

It reminds me of an old signature block. The colored squares, say 6 inch are cut into from corner to corner diagonally and a white strip sewn in between. The blocks are the alternated by turning the strips going up to the right and next square the strips going down to the right. It also looks like in your picture the blocks have the same width strips on the right hand and bottom of each square. You would have to lay your Squares all out in correct direction to know which would be your bottom and righthand sides since the position alternates. All blocks are made the same just turn the position. A very easy quilt so should be no problem for you. Good luck and everybody here is always willing to help or walk you through if you incur a problem.-Toogie

Last edited by toogie; 10-05-2022 at 06:34 PM.
    Old 10-06-2022, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by IrishNY
    Eleanor Burn's has a pattern much like it called Cool Summer Porch.

Thank you, that does look very similar!
    Old 11-05-2022, 04:32 AM

Smile

Hi Shelbee, I found a free pattern called Breeze by Elizabeth Hartman. It looks similar to your old baby quilt. I also saw this block is often times called a snowflake or asterick. The Old Italian signature quilt block is similar as well, but has a small square in the center, which could be removed.

(I would attach the file but this is my first post and I haven't figured out how to do it yet.) Here is the link - https://yellowrosejenny.com/wp-conte.../01/Breeze.pdf

Hope this helps. Thanks, Paula
    Old 11-05-2022, 06:02 AM

Default Thank you!

Originally Posted by Sewsillypj
    Hi Shelbee, I found a free pattern called Breeze by Elizabeth Hartman. It looks similar to your old baby quilt. I also saw this block is often times called a snowflake or asterick. The Old Italian signature quilt block is similar as well, but has a small square in the center, which could be removed.

(I would attach the file but this is my first post and I haven't figured out how to do it yet.) Here is the link - https://yellowrosejenny.com/wp-conte.../01/Breeze.pdf

Hope this helps. Thanks, Paula

Thank you so much for the help!