Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Machine Embroidery
  • Is there a program that takes out double stitches >
  • Is there a program that takes out double stitches

• Is there a program that takes out double stitches

Old 10-30-2022, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Terry in the ADK
    Please explain what/why this overstitching is/is it desirable. Does it make the the design too thick?
    I have recently bought a Bernina 590 and am very new to this upgraded program after so many years with the 440 Artista program.
    Have fun with your 590. It is an amazing machine, and it does give you the option of changing some stitches into triple stitches from single stitches. I sure don't know all this amazing machine can do. My dealer is a dud when it comes to Bernina's. She knows about Janome's but only picked up the Bernina brand as the former dealer moved out of state. Many people loved the former dealer, and she offered many classes on the Bernina's. This one hardly even can even do the beginning Bernina class. But thankfully, the Bernina website has a ton of helpful workbooks, and you tubes. also, if you google a specific concern about a Bernina there usually is a number of sites that come up. I really do hope though that you have a great dealer who offers classes. It will take me years to learn all the amazing 590 can do.
    Old 11-02-2022, 03:43 PM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!

Originally Posted by sewingpup
    Have fun with your 590. It is an amazing machine, and it does give you the option of changing some stitches into triple stitches from single stitches. I sure don't know all this amazing machine can do. My dealer is a dud when it comes to Bernina's. She knows about Janome's but only picked up the Bernina brand as the former dealer moved out of state. Many people loved the former dealer, and she offered many classes on the Bernina's. This one hardly even can even do the beginning Bernina class. But thankfully, the Bernina website has a ton of helpful workbooks, and you tubes. also, if you google a specific concern about a Bernina there usually is a number of sites that come up. I really do hope though that you have a great dealer who offers classes. It will take me years to learn all the amazing 590 can do.
    Luckily I do have an amazing dealer. I agree a machine is only as good as the service your dealer gives .
    Old 12-20-2022, 05:25 PM

I actually like the double run look since I can see the design a little better....but if I wanted only a single run, I would just watch the design as it stitched out and slow the speed as it approached the end of 1st run, and Stop button when it was done.
    You mentioned using the embroidery designs on a quilting machine....I have the Janome 12000 which is sewing/embroidery, what machine are you using? is there a special "quilting" machine (other than a long-arm system) which uses embroidery designs?