Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >
  • 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

• 2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 01-18-2024, 08:12 AM
    Power Poster

Janice, that's going to be a beauty!! I love it so far.
    Old 01-18-2024, 01:04 PM

Would anyone that has their candy envelopes ready to mail out please take a picture of the size envelope that you are using. As a newbie, I have been trying to look at past swap pics, and while descriptions are great, I am a visual person. I tend to have quite the adventure going to our local post office. Yesterday I rescued a young golden retriever that had gotten loose and was running loose in the main road right in front of the post office. Poor thing almost got hit. Freezing windchill winds didn't keep me from getting him to safety and the shelter was able to locate his owner. Prior post office experiences include: medical emergencies of people ahead of me in line, a fire, baby chicks got out of a shipping box destined for Tractor Supply (was asked if I would help catch them), car accident witness. Sooooo, most trips to the post office I gear up for an adventure. With this being said, I would like to get several candy envelopes ready to mail out as soon as the addresses are shared.
    Old 01-18-2024, 01:21 PM

I use a 6" x 9" envelope. Stack 8 candies in 6 columns inside a birthday card. That is 48 candies... Then add 2 more to 2 of the columns to total 50.
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Envelope.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	647160  
    Old 01-18-2024, 01:26 PM

Here you go! An A9 envelope.
    Originally Posted by Heathermom2opmc
    Would anyone that has their candy envelopes ready to mail out please take a picture of the size envelope that you are using. As a newbie, I have been trying to look at past swap pics, and while descriptions are great, I am a visual person. I tend to have quite the adventure going to our local post office….

Name:	IMG_5060.jpeg
Views:	45
Size:	374.3 KB
ID:	647161  
    Old 01-18-2024, 06:36 PM

Thank you JENNR8R and Janice MC for posting photos for our newbies. New swappers, you can also look in the December 2023 posting from Rebaquilts. She posted a number of photos of the package received. (She was the last one in the 2023 swap so her posts did not give away the surprise for other swappers.)

Seasoned swappers please post how you package your candies. It not only helps the newbies but it reminds the rest of us of other ingenious ways to pack up our little surprises.

Anxious to hear about your next post office adventure! Baby chicks must have been a hoot! My life is boring next to rescuing puppies, wrangling chicks or a fire! Guess, I'll just be content in my little world as it is.
    Old 01-19-2024, 11:41 AM
    Power Poster

This is how mine go out... pretty much as Jenn does it.

Name:	IMG_E4080.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	640.7 KB
ID:	647168  
    Old 01-19-2024, 11:44 AM
    Power Poster

I use the 2 oz letter stamp and by the time I mail the cards, the candies have compressed pretty flat.
    Old 01-20-2024, 02:10 PM

Hello everyone. I just found this site again. This weekend I will get the 1st fabric pack together.
    Old 01-20-2024, 04:34 PM
    Power Poster

I think today is the day we are supposed to get our Feb. address (es). WMUT? I'm ready!
    Old 01-20-2024, 05:10 PM

I just sent the PM to everyone with the info for our February Birthday Swappers. If you find an error in your name or address, please let me know by PM. I can then make a quick correction.

Yes, the 20th is our day, but some days I cannot get the messages out until the evening. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and in my neck of the woods, measure the snow, bring in more wood for the stove and keep the shovel handy. Tomorrow will be an afternoon of unstitching of sashing on a set of blocks from last fall while the Detroit Lions win another game. OK, hoping for another Lions win.