Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
***SIGN-UP CLOSED***10 1/2" layer cake Swap..REDS, REDS, and more REDS… ***SIGN-UP CLOSED*** >

***SIGN-UP CLOSED***10 1/2" layer cake Swap..REDS, REDS, and more REDS… ***SIGN-UP CLOSED***

***SIGN-UP CLOSED***10 1/2" layer cake Swap..REDS, REDS, and more REDS… ***SIGN-UP CLOSED***

Old 02-10-2011, 12:23 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

You know,I must have don't something BAD in my former life as karma has hit me.. Yesterday I woke to a blue screen on my home computer. A gateway, yes I know, please no teasing, But it did its job, not very fast, but i was able to sit comfortably in my high back chair like a queen and read all of your lovely Pms and comments... OK, so back to blue screen.. OK so it says a shut down is necessary.. ok, Shut down initiated.. Now the dang thing wont turn on!!! Can you believe it.. Ugh.. Not only am I SNOWED in for TWO weeks my home compter decides it want to die!!! I tell hubby.OK well he works (obviously!! How else am I gonna have money to spend on my huge fabric addiction, duh!) He cant get to it and from what he says wont be an easy fix.. GREAT!!!! OK, now trying not to fret over this.. think, think, oh yea.. The laptop!! I grab the laptop.Located conveniently in my sewing room, Duh! why did I not think of this sooner!! Ok yes I had a brain fart, we all do.. OK well maybe not all but I do from time to time.. OK time to turn the puppy on.. Ok starting, loading, loggin in.. Yay. Made it.. On the QB. Whew.. Now this bad boy of a laptop is one heavy sun of a gun.. It was a hand-me -down from hubby. It was his ..wait for it...it was his work laptop.. He decided (of course he did) he needed a new one.. Hubby always needs a 'new' something.. so i get this one.. OK well cant complain. At least I got one.. And it aint gonna be moved but from kitchen island (Yup the one i swap our squares on) to into my sewing room... So there you have It .. I have my spare 'computer' and I'm ready to go... WRONG!!!! Somewhere in this bad boys lifetime my darling, little angel,precious, sweet and innocent child of mine decided the laptop was thirsty and dumped a can of Pepsi all over it.. So now on rare occasion it gives a gurgling sound - yes how ironic- and shuts its lazy ass down!!! Thank god for technology.. I now use my Iphone to check in- yes you guessed it, another hand-me-down from wonderful Hubby.. ... Thanks hubby, but gotta tell ya, the lil screen is quite the killer...

And that everyone is my day in my life with a Turtle..

EDIT:

Ok now I've gone and done it.. I have used my accuquilt mat one to many times.. Cracked the bad boy plum in half!!! Hmm.. I better just go back to bed and wait for tomorrow.. :roll:
Ive been cutting up scraps all day yesterday and today Since Im snowed in and I'm bored, and slowly losing my sanity.. :shock: :XD: , think it had enough of abuse and just decoded to give up and die on me too.. lol... :?

Please note= I am not knocking my life, and I'm not complaining.. I love my life and I'm grateful for everything and everyone I have in my life.. I'm just creating humor from my mishaps and few minor glitches that happen in life... :D
Old 02-10-2011, 12:37 PM

Geez Luv, ya almost had me cryin! You'll feel better soon as your mail person arrives.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:47 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Sun is shining.. I just may be able to see where the road begins & ends.. 8-) Dang county farm roads!!!!

SO if i knock out my mailbox, on accident of course.. :roll: you think they will deliver my mail directly to my house.. ????? :-D
Old 02-10-2011, 01:15 PM

January Stash Swap squares made it GA! Thanks to everyone for my squares!
Old 02-10-2011, 01:29 PM

Yay.. Was it in time for your meeting today?
Old 02-11-2011, 03:28 PM

Hi LuvTooQuilt,
Did your mail person make you feel better?
Old 02-11-2011, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Leezer
Hi LuvTooQuilt,
Did your mail person make you feel better?
You, Leezer are a big tease..!! Nothing yet.. :cry: She did however deliver a huge box of 400 legal size FRE envelopes for my swaps.. I'm set for the next few months.. :thumbup:

Ugh the waiting is killing me!!! I want it now!!! lol... Yea, im not a patient one.... :oops:

Oh what could it be..??? What could it be.. ??????? :shock:
Old 02-11-2011, 07:35 PM

Rec'd Sometime this week during my snowed in period..

21 . tangloak
22. Gwenny
25. KimmieH
28. sustraley
Old 02-12-2011, 04:26 AM

This may not be a good thing. When I track the package this is what it says "Your item was processed through and left our KANSAS CITY, MO 64121 facility on February 09, 2011 at 10:25 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination." I will give it to Monday then I'll call the post office. Sorry Luv, I just know it will make you feel better.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:20 AM

So Luv, have the bad happenings continued into the next day? I giggled at your mishaps. I can't imagine much more going wrong. Let the saga continue...