Hi from Northern Wisconsin >

Hi from Northern Wisconsin

Hi from Northern Wisconsin

Old 01-25-2009, 07:29 PM

Hi! Welcome from Oklahoma!!
Old 01-25-2009, 07:36 PM

Welcome from Dallas, Texas.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:18 PM

Hi there and welcome from another Wisconsinit. I live on the WI and MI border.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:35 PM

Hi Barb, I actually know where you live. My Grandma was from Amberg, WI. Small world again.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:26 AM

Hi quiltncrazy. Sorry we moved our chat to emails. It was sort of funny how this happened. I don't usually answer these message boards, but when cathy said where she lived, i couldn't help but find out who she is. I almost fell off the chair, with each response Cathy and I had more in common. going to the same high school and all. You have to understand how small of an area this is. Everybody know everybody. Scary how this internet works, sometimes for the good, and how it can bring people together. Glad you like the warm weather. I'm not a warm weather person. It was 25 degrees this morning here. Pussy willows are coming out and I see a few spring bulbs sticking their heads out of the ground.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:46 AM

Rita,
25 degrees with pussy willows. OH, that sounds great. A virtual heat wave. We actually had 20 below this morning at 8. It has started to warm up slightly. We won't have any of the pussy willows for about 3 months. With this cold it is even too cold to snow or snowmobile for that matter.
Speaking of small world, someone else said that they were from the northern WI area. Turns out it was a small town next door to where my Grandma was from.
Yeah, the internet is sometimes amazing.
So are any of you joining the FQ swap or the sister swap?
I am still looking for FQ or a yard or so of vintage kid fabrics. That is the fabrics that I get off on. Just love those prints. The tiny little chicks, bears or bunnies. Whatever on a pastel background. They are hard to find here in our neck of the woods.
Cathy
Old 01-26-2009, 10:53 PM

Welcome from MN. We're on the MN/WI border. My DH is from WI, Rice Lake Area. He has a cousin that lives in Ashland.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:56 PM

Oh boy some more back home friends, hey is there anybody out there from Olympia?? We had a trace of snow this morning, roads were real icy. It has warmed up now, getting rain and lots of wind. Pussy willows, did I say hummingbirds? They have been here all winter. Today they have to really beat their little wings, to get to the feeder. We have had them the last 4 winters. It's funny to see them when it's snowing out and so cold. One morning they huddled near the Christmas lights to get warm. Cathy I will check the next time I'm at my local shop for fabric that you are looking for. They have all vintage type fabric in their store, I think I remember seeing just what your looking for. Their web site is www.BaysideQuilting.com. There is another local shop,but I don't know their site address will check on that for you. A big Hi to all my Ashland friends. Stay warm.