Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Our Joann's is CLOSING! :( >

Our Joann's is CLOSING! :(

Our Joann's is CLOSING! :(

Old 04-12-2011, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by jodimarie
watch the sales!!!! it will start with a small percentage off and that will get bigger as the sale date gets closer. I've added a TON of fabric and supplies to my stash by shopping JoAnns when they close a store. Up to 90% off the final days...but there won't be much left, so shop early and often.

jodi
What she said!! Stamp that big time. My local JoAnns closed to move into a newly built superstore. The discounts towards the end will be amazing, on everything. Definately take advantage of that. Thread, batting, bolts of cotton for backings, etc. They will get to the point where they wont sell by the yard, they will wrap whats left on the bolt and thats what you buy. It really will be a great time to get supplies.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:13 AM

Oh goodness. I certainly hope this isn't a trend. Our store has been in decline this past year. Empty shelves everywhere. Ya can't make money with empty shelves. I'd be lost without my JoAnn's. It's just as much a social outing as it is craft, art and fabrics for me store. Most everyone in the store knows me. (I wish I could remember their names too.) They are customer and service oriented. I feel your grief.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:17 AM

Sorry bout JoAnns but talk to a WalMarts rep they may help get the needles/thread I have a friend who has worked at the same store in Indpls for 15 yrs and the special requests for notions helped them retain their fabrics dept --also I lived in Indpls for 20 yrs before coming bk to ohio and there were a lot of fab shops including Hancocks and a Fabric WareHouse all on Washington Ave and in the smaller out laying towns -check on line for fabric stores in towns near you Hope this helps
Old 04-13-2011, 03:20 AM
ns

That is to bad. I do have a quilt shop within a half hour of where I live. I wonder if other JoAnn's will be closing.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:33 AM

Our Joanns did the same thing a couple of years ago. And after all the stuff in the store was sold, at giant discounts I might add, and after I bought a BUNCH of stuff, they announced they we opening in another shopping center about a mile down the road. So keep watch. Not all is lost just yet. Watch for the announcement when all the stuff in the old location is almost gone.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:35 AM

Ours closed last year. I have to travel 25 miles now togo there. i get there once a month or so where before I was there several times a week.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by quilter41
Gee I stopped at Erica's today. Guess you don't appreciate it as much when you are so close.
I bought from Ericas just last week. The service was great. I got it just a couple of days after I ordered it. I was looking for some Bali Pops and she had just what I was looking for. The price was not super-cheap but in line with what other shops were charging.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:53 AM

I love shopping on-line, however, there's nothing like being able to feel the fabric. I have to touch everything when I go into a LQS. LOL!!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:37 AM

I sure hope our Joann's doesn't close. I would be devastated!
I'm very sad for you. :cry:
Old 04-13-2011, 06:04 AM

Sorry to hear you are losing your Joanns store. The one closest to me closed several years ago and they reopened but at a much farther distance. I very seldom go there anymore as it is just too far. I did shop online at Joann.com the other day and found what I wanted and the shipping was cheaper than the gas to drive over there. I do have access to another fabric store about 25 miles away so am not totally cut off.