Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I'd like you to meet Lily. . .. >

I'd like you to meet Lily. . ..

I'd like you to meet Lily. . ..

Old 09-13-2011, 04:12 PM

Oh, she is so pretty! We had two white kitties when I was growning up. One was deaf and she could be a stinker at times, but we loved her so much!
Old 09-13-2011, 04:14 PM

Lilly or Betty --- she's a real doll. She looks so huggable!
Old 09-14-2011, 04:25 AM

I am sorry about Zeuss. Tugs on my heart but am so glad you found another baby to love and comfort you. She is sweet.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:33 AM

What a pretty baby. Love her name.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:35 AM

What a cutie!! Too bad my DH & DS are allergic or we'd have a cat or two!
Old 09-14-2011, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
A lot of you know that we had to put our 9 yo shepherd, Zeuss, down a week and a half ago. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-149797-1.htm It has been really, really hard for all of us, including the cats. They will sit at the gate and cry for hours, looking for Zeuss. We know we are not ready to adopt another dog yet but we like to "window shop" the local Animal Care & Control. We went in last thursday and found an all white kitten. My other half has always wanted an all white kitten. We inquired about her and the kitten wasn't even on the website yet! We placed a hold on her and went home to talk about whether we were doing the right thing. We went back on Friday to do an interaction with the kitty because it was too late on Thursday to do one. She was very aloof to us and we were saddened but thought we would pick another one. Suddenly, this kitten became "Miss Personality"! She was all over us, climbing up my legs and rubbing all over us. So, she came home with us! We feel very strongly that Zeuss guided us to her and then her to us. We are sure that he whispered in her ear "You fool! If you want a great loving home, you had better get over there and endear yourself to those people! They will love you and take care of you!"

I wanted to name her "Betty White" but I was out voted. Introducing. . . . Lily Pie!!!!
I AM SORRY ABOUT ZEUSS,BUT I SURE AM GLAD YOU ALL RESCUED THIS KITTEN MY DAUGHTER RESCUED 5 OUT OF A BOX IN OUR LOCAL McDONALDS PARKING LOT THAT WAS ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO THEY ARE GROWING LIKE WEEDS AND ARE SO PRETTY NOW IN COMPARISON WHAT THEY DID LOOK LIKE.I GET FURIOUS WHEN PEOPLE DUMP OUT ANIMALS.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:45 AM

She is beautiful.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:51 AM

Lily is beautiful, our granddaughter is named Lily so I love the name. A week ago, friends of ours brought their new puppy to daycare to show the children and her name is Lily also. When they were going to leave they said to their little boy, 'ok, let's take Lily and go home.'
My grandson (2 year old big brother to our baby Lily) became very upset and told them they couldn't take Lily. Our friends had forgotten the puppy and baby had the same name, it's nice to know big brother is going to look out for his sister.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:03 AM

Lily Pie you made a good choice! Be happy.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:30 AM

Love Lily, but prefer 'Betty White'. I put my cat down and grieved so much for her. Our house is not a home without a cat !! So we went searching for a black and white female cat and came home with a tiger striped young male. He had such personality I could not resist ! Glad you found what you needed.