Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-30-2011, 04:51 PM

i posted sum pics on the last page...does anybody know what kind of singer it is and where can i locate the serial #...thnx much
Old 09-30-2011, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by redturtle
i posted sum pics on the last page...does anybody know what kind of singer it is and where can i locate the serial #...thnx much
You've got (I believe) a model 66...the serial number is on a brass plate on the bed in front of the post. If you can find the serial number and share it, we can tell you what, when, and where! :)
Old 09-30-2011, 05:09 PM

The serial number is on the plate that is on the bed near the arm of the machine under the oval Singer badge.
Here's a link to double pre-fix serial numbers:

http://www.singerco.com/support/mach...rsDoubleLetter
Old 09-30-2011, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by grayhare
Originally Posted by Charlee
Here she is!! More pics will be on my blog (second link, not the Dear Jane link) in about an hour!! :)
Charlee, Absolutely Stunning!!
Thanks Everyone!! :)
Old 09-30-2011, 05:48 PM

You've got (I believe) a model 66...the serial number is on a brass plate on the bed in front of the post. If you can find the serial number and share it, we can tell you what, when, and where! :)
thnx charlee...now to find a manual for it so i know what she can do...hmmm, think i will call her Esther...

serial # is AA010124...looks like 1924????
Old 09-30-2011, 05:50 PM
Power Poster

hiya...just got this from my great aunt...she cant see to sew anymore...everything still moves smoothly...just needs a good cleaning...

gotta go study the tutorial lol

im only on page 66 trying to catch up on all the goodies i missed...but now ive got the bug since i just bought a FW...waiting on it to arrive...

what machine is this and where can i locate the serial #...my great aunt is 96 years old but i dont know exactly when she bought it and she doesnt remember...

TIA

oops..sorry...the last two i forgot to rotate...lol
muv has a fantastic set of videos. Get yourself a service manual and an operators manual for your machine. Sit down and enjoy her videos - you can do it! http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-155695-1.htm At the top of the Utube there are 8 videos by Muv. You do not need to have the exact machine she does - just do likes she says - things work about the same - refer to your manual. Feel free to ask questions.

There is info here too: http://www.quiltingboard.com/virtual...jsp?vsnum=1013
Old 09-30-2011, 06:40 PM

I couldn't agree more Miriam! If you look at Muv's machines, they are absolutely GORGEOUS!! She's got cleaning down to a science, and it's definately effective! (Plus, she's got a very soothing voice to listen to! ;) )
Old 09-30-2011, 06:41 PM

thnx charlee...now to find a manual for it so i know what she can do...hmmm, think i will call her Esther...

serial # is AA010124...looks like 1924????
I'm not finding that number on the AA list, but yes, the AA series was 1924 in Elizabeth, NJ. :)
Old 09-30-2011, 06:43 PM
Banned

You have a Singer 99 with 10000 of them allotted on August 19 1924!

Billy
Old 09-30-2011, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
O.K....is this a 99 with a Godzilla finish? If not, what is it? What would you pay?
its a 128, it takes a long bobbin, 99 takes a round bobbin