Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Black Friday Joanns >

Black Friday Joanns

Black Friday Joanns

Old 11-26-2011, 05:53 PM

I needed Christmas tree lights and yes they were packed but the line went fast as they had every cash register open. I did not brave very far into the store, I knew that I needed some lights and they were on sale plus the 25% additional. I heard from the lady behind me that the fabric lines were crazy, her sister had been in line for over an hour and she still was not even on her letter that was after her number. I was there, in, out and home in about an hour, I thought I would be in line for that long but I think it was only maybe 20 minutes.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:08 PM

I didn't get to go I had to work but from the sounds of it I did better by going to work and not joann's
Old 11-26-2011, 06:08 PM

I went Friday -- what a zoo!! No carts (and there were 6 folks waiting for a cart) so I did not get fabric. I was disappointed. The rotary cutters were reduced but not the blades. Just wierd. I checked the price of the revolving cutting mat and they weren't on sale either. Used my 50% coupon, but did not get 25% off. I stayed away from the door busters unless I could not live without them since there was no discount on them either. I did get some rulers and templates so all was not lost.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:22 AM

I have found that if you do not watch closely, mistakes are made quite often. I watch each item as it is put into the cash register. I don't think they do it on purpose. It just gets so hectic. I was going yesterday but decided to call and see how busy they were..... Cutting lines were really long and it was only 8 AM so I decided to just stay home.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:34 AM

I was there Friday morning when they opened. There were no lines when I got there. I went in for a ruler or two, a new wreath (which I'll be returning since I read afterwards that it was indoor use only and I wanted to hang it on my front door) and a few piddly things. I think I was out of there in about 20 minutes or so then off to my next stop...
I also did Saturday shopping at Joanns - also rulers plus the $3.99 10 yard bolt of fusible facing... but I did that online. I was thrilled to see the add a quarter & eighth rulers on sale online and with free shipping it was a no brainer for me....
Now the hard part - waiting for it to arrive so I can pack it up and move it to the new house lol.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:36 AM
Power Poster

Sharon, I didn't go- but I didn't plan on it. It was a gorgeous day here and I spent it outside finishing up some yard work. I made a vow this year to stay home on Black Friday lol
Old 11-27-2011, 05:11 AM

I went yesterday. Drove the 45 miles and it wasn't bad. I bought the end of the bolt of some background fabric (probably 10 yds) two boxes of velcro (I'm putting curtains around my shelving to protect my stash). I did stand in line about 20 minutes but had a nice chat with the ladies around me. Spent $29.00 Not bad, I was happy.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by ywoodruff5 View Post
Did mine online - no traffic - no crowds - no lines.....lol.
Same here! The closest store is the only one for miles around and is a madhouse on a normal day, couldn't face it on Black Friday!
Old 11-27-2011, 06:23 AM

I didn't go on BF, but did go about 11:30 Saturday. The cuttng lines were still long, and the checkout even longer. I ran into Gagasmith, and she smartly pulled a ticket for me a I was shopping! She picked up a Carol Doak PP book and a few misc items (she was there on Friday!) By the time I was done 'shopping (more reds for the pointsettia swap) and conversing with another quilter, a tired shopper gave me her ticket as she was going home!! It was 7 sooner! So, when I was done with my number, I gave my higher # to another tired person. By the time I was ready to check out, the purchase lines were only 2-3 deep. I suppose that can be considered PIF...my GD received an American Doll for her birthday (yikes on the price of THAT) my purchase was for the swap, as well as fabric for the clothes that will be for Christmas. Still wish I had room for a roll of W&N batting at the discounted price!
Old 11-27-2011, 07:22 AM

I went to joanns and decided to get some cake decorating supplies - they sign said it was on sale and when I went through the checkout it said it wasn't. I pointed it out to the clerk and she did not even care. But because of the line I got the items anyway and will go back in next week- maybe not I would've only saved 1.20 not worth the gas to go back.