Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
help ideas needed!!! >

help ideas needed!!!

help ideas needed!!!

Old 12-25-2011, 05:45 AM

Thanks mltquilt. I need a quick table runner for a January b'day. This is perfect. I love the braid.
Old 12-25-2011, 05:54 AM

What a great Christmas gift you are, and you have the forethought to get started early...
Old 12-25-2011, 03:51 PM

How wonderful you are to make everyone such a nice gift! I agree that the 10 minute table runner is fast and easy but the Easy Striped Table Runner by The Quilt Company is pretty fast too and the results are awesome. The pattern uses a border print that is lengthwise on the fabric. You should be able to make two runners per yardage required. They are like potato chips. One is not enough!

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________
"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it." W.A. Ward
Old 12-26-2011, 03:38 AM

Not sure what type of machine you have, but sometimes I find simple is the best. One year I found the cutest snowmen fabric that I just couldn't cut up. So made a tablerunner out of a solid piece and then on my machine I had the alaphabet so I embroidered Let It Snow!!! (like that) all over it and then embroidered little snowflakes on it in silver metallic thread. Came out really cute. So maybe you'll find that special piece and make life easy on yourself.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:47 AM

An unlined Table Runner sounds good to me. My preference for a theme like you have picked would be a pattern where the fabric tells the swtory. "Winter Wonderland" shouldn't be so difficult to find. Anomal prints in snow is one think that comes to mind. Use an elongated 9 patch., .
Old 12-26-2011, 03:49 AM

Default winter runners

Originally Posted by Elisabeth J View Post
I know most people think I'm crazy but I love Christmas and giving gifts to my friends. I belong to the local chapter of the American Sewing Guild and I put on a wondeful luncheon for our fund raiser this year. I made 130 dresden plates and used them as chargers under the members dinner plates. They took them home as a gift from me. In 2012 I want to do this again. I have decided on the theme Winter Wonderland and am thinking of making short table runners app. 24" to 30" long that I can fold in half at each place setting. My problem is the design, remember I have to make over 100 of them so I need something fairly simple to do. If you have any ideas please let me know as I have to start on these in January so they will be finished by December. Thank you in advance and Merry Christmas to everyone!!!
I think that this is a very sweet idea. I saw some beautiful dark blue fabric with large white snowflakes printed on it. It would make a lovely runner.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:11 AM

I agree that "simple is better". I would find a pretty Snow-like fabric on sale. Use this fabric for the inside; then border with a pretty coordinating fabric. I believe I would use flannel inside; birth; finished!
Old 12-26-2011, 05:22 AM

What a generous person you are! Just saw a tut on the Missouri Star quilt company's site for a table runner using just 6 pieces of fabric (10 inches 3 per side or one can use pieces from a charm pack for a smaller runner) and a star appliqued in the middle. Looked to be easy to do and I thought quite nice.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:29 AM

I saw this great 'winter wonderland' fabric..Timeless Tonga Batik-Gelato Forest Trees Snow... this fabric bordered in a 'blue' snowy fabric would make the perfect Winter Wonderland ! Check it out!
Old 12-26-2011, 05:54 AM

I did a table runner and place mats with column quilting from Nancy Zieman. With the fabric sales coming up, you should get some great deals. If you can find holiday jelly rolls, column quilting goes really quickly. But with rotary cutters, taking advantage of the christmas fabric sales, you can cut your own. http//www.nancyzieman.com.