Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt >

The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

The Farmer's Wife Pony Club Quilt

Old 01-12-2012, 01:58 PM

Pull the folder off on your desktop; ask for one of the files in each section at a time. Click on pages on left hand side to see the pages as you go down the pages. At the top of each page, it says "template" or foundation piecing.

The book also says under each block, the CD has rotary guide, template or foundation instructions.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:05 PM

OOOooooooooohhh!!!! THANK YOU!
Old 01-12-2012, 05:16 PM

[QUOTE=Honchey;4867202]
Originally Posted by Carsey View Post
The first block is kicking my rear. I hate y seams. I am taking a deep breath and redoing it....... and redoing it..... and redoing it..... I will overcome...... I will overcome...... hopefully soon!!!!! lol (It's a good thing I wanted to try the first block before starting time. At this rate, I will be left far behind)

Blessings!

Carsey, how are you piecing the block?? I english pp'ed min and will not do that again. I think the best way would be to use freezer paper for the templates...trim away the seam allowance. press the tempplates to the fabric and add your seam allowance a little bigger than the 1/4" allowance then cut out your templates...pin the points and then sew to that point..backstitch..put needledown into the seam..pivot the fabric.. lifting the top piece and match the points on the next intersection and then sew to that next point. The top piece should be laying flat with the previous section sewn folded but not creased. using the backstitch (just one stitch) anchors the point so that when you open and press that area the point will not be puckered or rounded.
I also have been having trouble with the first block. I have made it 2 times & still is too small. I'm going to try to do it with the freezer paper. Thank's Anne for mentioning cutting the seam allowance a little bigger. I'm going to try this.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
Pull the folder off on your desktop; ask for one of the files in each section at a time. Click on pages on left hand side to see the pages as you go down the pages. At the top of each page, it says "template" or foundation piecing.

The book also says under each block, the CD has rotary guide, template or foundation instructions.
DDamsel ... ditto to what QNSue has said.
Also, each of the pages has it at the top as to what block it is ... A Beauty etc. If there are multiple pages, as is the case often with the PP patterns, then it says Pg 1 of 3 etc. It's actually well detailed.

About size ... not sure what size you want? Perhaps enlarge/shrink on a photocopier?

My news today ... I took the idea that others shared and went to FedEx-Kinkos and had them slice the spine off, and put a coil on it.! $5.64 and I've got this nice open flat book ... or even turn it all around to the back! Will make for some easy handling of the book as I work with it.
Yippppeeeee!!!

It was so funny ... when he brought it to me, he "insisted" on giving me a demonstration of these Frixion pens for when I want to erase ink in a document. I patiently allowed him ... and when he then said, would you like some today? I smiled and said, oh I have a full set for quilting! And then he went into further demonstration and explanation. I said again ....!!! He just didn't get it, that someone would have these things. And I don't think he had a clue what I meant by quilting ... or what the book was about!!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post

My news today ... I took the idea that others shared and went to FedEx-Kinkos and had them slice the spine off, and put a coil on it.! $5.64 and I've got this nice open flat book ... or even turn it all around to the back! Will make for some easy handling of the book as I work with it.
Yippppeeeee!!!

It was so funny ... when he brought it to me, he "insisted" on giving me a demonstration of these Frixion pens for when I want to erase ink in a document. I patiently allowed him ... and when he then said, would you like some today? I smiled and said, oh I have a full set for quilting! And then he went into further demonstration and explanation. I said again ....!!! He just didn't get it, that someone would have these things. And I don't think he had a clue what I meant by quilting ... or what the book was about!!
Yep my hubby took mine to Staples and had it cut and bound for me too! Way easier to use the book this way! I use the FriXion pens too..love them!
Old 01-13-2012, 06:20 AM

Yes, I had my Pony copy and FWSQ book done in Chariton,Iowa at Copy plus...$2.00 a book to bind them. I will read and re-read the stories & instructions. Love it. Also followed hints from QB group in FWSQ and put printed outline of blocks and templates into plastic sleeves in a notebook of each block. It is a ready reference at my finger tips in the sewing room. Yes, I am having fun even though my pictures of Pony Quilt will not up load. Working on that problem, continuing to cheer everyone on, and getting the blocks done to post whenever.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:22 AM

I,too, have problems with loading pictures, so I am just plugging along on my own enjoying what you all are posting. I'm with you in "spirit"...LOL! I was able to post one picture, but then the photo page refused to take my pictures, even though they were the same or smaller in my file size....Oh well, I tried.....
Old 01-13-2012, 10:19 AM

Yes I was thinking of 6" or 9".... 8" seems like such an akward size to me, the sashing seems to small as well..... I KNOW I just HAVE to be difficult :P

so I guess in order to do that I will have to print each off and THEN resize. or..... stop complaining and just do it the way it is designed LOL
Old 01-14-2012, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel View Post
Yes I was thinking of 6" or 9".... 8" seems like such an akward size to me, the sashing seems to small as well..... I KNOW I just HAVE to be difficult :P

so I guess in order to do that I will have to print each off and THEN resize. or..... stop complaining and just do it the way it is designed LOL
There is a quilting software that allows you to scan in blocks and resize them. I don't have it but maybe you know someone that does. So many of the blocks are unique so they will be hard to find somewhere else in a different size.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:00 AM

Quilte: Welcome to the weekend. Hope your report went well yesterday and your sewing is productive today. I've been doing the FWQ...started in October...using Marti Michell's template conversion sheets and this last one was full of 1 inch 1/2 square triangles. They are pretty when done but getting them to all go the right way and stay the correct size challenges me. I hope there aren't too many more of those!