Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 10 Country Lanes & Cowboy's Star Photo Page >

THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 10 Country Lanes & Cowboy's Star Photo Page

THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 10 Country Lanes & Cowboy's Star Photo Page

Old 03-08-2012, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Termi View Post
JanRN, OK, I just have to ask you...........what is a FART??????? I"m assuming it's not what I think it is.
Thanks for asking Termi. It is way over my head too.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:07 AM

Fabric Acquisition Road Trip=FART unpack clothes from suitcase and fill with shopping trip bags full of fabric. Throw clothes into Wal Mart bags or food store bags.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:56 AM

Thanks all for the compliments on my Country Lanes block, it was a simple and easy one but I like the result.Wendiq - we made our star with similar fabrics and colors, your is best done than mine. Love the blues on Country LanesOkseglad - perfect work, love the colors and fabrics.JanRN - I am also curious about that FART thing.Here is my Cowboy Star, also know as Frog Stitching Star. Mr. Rip worked hard in this one.[ATTACH=CONFIG]318219[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20+Cowboy_Star.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	318219  

Last edited by ArteEmCasa; 03-08-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:45 AM

ArteEmCasa...I thought all of the frogs were at my house!!! They just wouldn't let the middle points match no matter how I tried to evict them. Just hope they don't keep hopping along with me.
All...I love the rest of the blocks and admire your skill both with points and selections of fabrics.

Here are mine for the week.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-3.JPG
Views:	1067
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	318232   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-2.JPG
Views:	1081
Size:	274.8 KB
ID:	318233  
Old 03-08-2012, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
Fabric Acquisition Road Trip=FART unpack clothes from suitcase and fill with shopping trip bags full of fabric. Throw clothes into Wal Mart bags or food store bags.
Looks like a perfect travel. LOL
Old 03-08-2012, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
ArteEmCasa...I thought all of the frogs were at my house!!! They just wouldn't let the middle points match no matter how I tried to evict them. Just hope they don't keep hopping along with me.
All...I love the rest of the blocks and admire your skill both with points and selections of fabrics.

Here are mine for the week.
Gardnergal Beautiful blues and flowers on your Country Lane block.
I admire the ones who got a perfect star. I worked several hours on it but you know, it seemed that as much as tried it was turning worse. Oh my! Now I am happy because I decided let it be as it is.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:41 PM

Arte another beautiful block--I love the colors you used and it looks good to me.
GGal how pretty your blocks are. I like how different your star looks in the softer colors.

And NO--I was not talking about bodily functions. Thanks, ladies for explaining what a FART is. I have 2 quilty friends and we'll get in her van, hit Quilt Stores in....(where ever we want to go) and take off for a day of shopping and eating. My DH learned not to ask "where" we're going LOL because we usually don't know LOL!!
Old 03-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Power Poster

How fun, Jan. This old Fart needs a road trip like that once in a while.
ArteEm--sharp colors reinforced by the stars in the bground. I have found that I usually will only rip twice, if I haven't gotten it right by then I never will and yes this was a time consuming block. I had more trouble sewing that last "Y" seam. When I tore some of the seam allowance paper off it tore into the big triangle block and I lost my seam allowance and made sewing that a bugger. I've learned not to stress over it either--just not worth it, it's only a quilt.
GGal Nice bright blues in the lanes, a refreshing change. What's the paisley fabric in the bground of your star? Yeah it's probably my favorite type of fabric. Your star points complement it so well.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
How fun, Jan. This old Fart needs a road trip like that once in a while.
ArteEm--sharp colors reinforced by the stars in the bground. I have found that I usually will only rip twice, if I haven't gotten it right by then I never will and yes this was a time consuming block. I had more trouble sewing that last "Y" seam. When I tore some of the seam allowance paper off it tore into the big triangle block and I lost my seam allowance and made sewing that a bugger. I've learned not to stress over it either--just not worth it, it's only a quilt.
GGal Nice bright blues in the lanes, a refreshing change. What's the paisley fabric in the bground of your star? Yeah it's probably my favorite type of fabric. Your star points complement it so well.
The picture doesn't do justice to the colors in either of my blocks. The paisley is really a cream instead of yellow and the coral and green are also much softer. It looks so delicate and old fashioned. This has to be one of my favorite fabrics and I wanted to show it off in a block that had more background.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
I sorta did that last year on a trip to Indiana! Carried on a small bag with a quilt for my sister (checked in the bag with my clothes ), then filled the small bag with quilting fabric acquired at several shops in Indiana and Tennessee. My sister isn't a quilter, but she's a good sport!