What other sites....

Old 03-27-2012, 08:49 AM

I have to confess my guilty pleasure is www.regretsy.com. I am on Etsy but some of the stuff that shows up is so funny, and the comments are hilarious.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:04 AM

Thanks for the site recommendations. I sew more than I quilt. Shortly, we are going to have 5 grandchildren under the age of 3. Wonderful world. So far 3 girls and 1 boy. What will the next one be??? I will be needing lots of patterns and lots of ideas. Two of the grandchildren already "sew" with Grandma.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Joy.lynn View Post
Thanks for the site recommendations. I sew more than I quilt. Shortly, we are going to have 5 grandchildren under the age of 3. Wonderful world. So far 3 girls and 1 boy. What will the next one be??? I will be needing lots of patterns and lots of ideas. Two of the grandchildren already "sew" with Grandma.
​Someone shared a good site for sewing, here is the address http:/thinkliz.com/free-sewing patterns/ There are all kinds of patterns for baby and children's clothes. you might like to check there for some cute things to sew.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Power Poster

Allpeoplequilt.com
Old 03-27-2012, 07:29 PM

This is my all time favorite site. I started with Myquiltplace.com and spent time looking at the quilts in the gallery, then I found Quiltingboard, and found that this is where I have learned the most. I visit this site first thing in the morning and sometimes even at night.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:44 PM

I like http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransson/ She does a lot of modern quilting. And this site http://sewmanyways.blogspot.jp/ She sews, crafts, organizes and and and. Love her tool time Tuesdays.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:48 PM

Man, I can hardly keep up with this one - with the links and resources and everybodies threads. I have to admit though, I'm probably not quilting as much as I used because I'm here a lot. A whole lot!! Seriously, I have been inspired, encouraged and lifting out of a bad slump. And all the good advice. This is it for me.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:43 AM

Nancy Zieman, quilterstv.com.America sews, sewontv.com - mostly because we don't get craft shows on our tv. We are forced to look online. Even Martha Stewart's show gets changed re time slots every time we blink. Hence my enjoyment of the Quilting Board,.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:22 AM

I belonged to several sites before I found Quilting Board. Block Central was a well organized site, but after a while it went down because of the owner's illness. It would be a big job to monitor such a site by owner only. I also belonged to Garden Web, which was a friendly place, but I seldom visit anymore. There seem to be forums connected to a lot of places where you would not expect to find them. Doing a search should bring on a lot of sites. There is also one that is called Jelly Roll Quilters.

Probably one that many found several years back was the Wide World of Quilting....which had a lot of individaul forums such as Pattern Search and Bulletin Board and others (if my memory serves me well.) It was owned and run by a husband/wife team, but became overrun with advertisements. It seemed to have been lost in the cyber world. , Fon and Porter once offered a free forum. And nose of the professional quilters have forums. Keep looking and you will run across all sorts of places to glean information.

There are as many sites as the internet is BIG! They are just everywhere...attached to some blogs as well. If you want to see how many you can find, you might just be surprised.

Oh yes, Fon and Porter site was once free, but no more. Keep looking and you will run across all sorts of places to collect information..

June in Cincinnati
Old 03-28-2012, 04:53 AM

I like this site as I use it every morning for my coffee time I do have another one for evening chat room but I am a computer dummy and this is just the easiest to find something new on every morning I do enjoy seeing all of the quilts here wish I knew how to post but I will just enjoy yours thanks to all who does post here and all the new stuff every morning