Should I tell my husband?

Old 04-09-2012, 05:20 PM

Might as well tell him, what if he saw them together? The two of you will have a good laugh over the "Bobbin Incident" later.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:19 AM

I have to ask......why would a husband help pick out a sewing machine???? I found it interesting to hear this from some of the replies in ths thread.

Oh, I bought a serger at the Quilt Festival in Houston last fall. I was hoping to sneak it in the house but UPS delivered it around 7:00 pm! Hubby accepted the delivery. Busted!! Lol !

I then turned around a bought a cover stitch a couple of months later. Not sure he has seen that one. I earn my own spending $$ and we don't have kids to feed. UPS shows up at our door daily with his purchases. I tease my husband about our front door being a loading dock vs. a front door.

Oh. I DID buy my anniversary ring as I mentioned in another post. I can't wait to surprise him with it in June! I'm going to Hand the gift wrapped box to him on our anniversary so that he can "give it to me".

Enjoy thse new machines!

Sandy

Last edited by Sandygirl; 04-11-2012 at 03:31 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
A woman after my own heart. It's not lying. It's just not talking... something my DH really appreciates since I usually tend to... uh... blab... LOL! Info on a need-to-know basis is how I roll!
Early on in my marriage of almost ten years.....as I was babbling on.... My husband said to me "I'm not your girlfriends!". So I got the hint to. Not Make idle conversation with him. Fr me that includes rambling on about purchases. I came home last week with 8 new pieces of clothing an two pairs of sandals for summer. I just showed him wht I bought. He did not blink.

I think having been single until 44 has advantages....I still operate as "single" when it comes to most purchases. He does the same.
Sandy