Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anybody have a Brother 1500? >

Does anybody have a Brother 1500?

Does anybody have a Brother 1500?

Old 04-17-2012, 06:43 AM

Default Does anybody have a Brother 1500?

I am looking for a second machine. It is between a Juki and the Brother 1500. I want a straight stitch, fast piecing machine with a auto trim. Had a Juki, loved it, sold it (don't ask, one of those life crisis things and caught me at a weak moment). So do you have a Brother 1500, do you like it, pros and cons.

Thanks
Old 04-17-2012, 06:56 AM

I bought one in Feb. I love it and so does my Sister. It's very fast has a great stitch. Plenty of room to do FM. I do wish it had a drop in bobbin so you can see when your running low. Doesn't seem to be picky about thread either. I feel it was worth the 599 I spent on it. There are more people on this board who have it too, so I'm sure they will chime in.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:59 AM

Love the 1500!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:06 AM

For more reviews, the Babylock Jane is the same machine. I don't have that model, but I love my brother sewing machine and serger.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Dingle View Post
I bought one in Feb. I love it and so does my Sister. It's very fast has a great stitch. Plenty of room to do FM. I do wish it had a drop in bobbin so you can see when your running low. Doesn't seem to be picky about thread either. I feel it was worth the 599 I spent on it. There are more people on this board who have it too, so I'm sure they will chime in.
Ditto for me!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:18 AM

I have a Brother 1500s. I use it on a Gracie II frame. I am on the lookout for another one, used. I would like it for FMQ on a table. I found a used one with a GQM, but she wanted $1000 for both. I passed the # to my sister and she got both for $400. What a deal . It runs so smooth and I do love it. It has a thread cutter but I don't know what you mean by 'auto trim'. I was looking at the Juki when I bought the Brother. The Brother dealer sold me when he compared the replacement cost for several parts, such as the thread cutter. It was appx $100 difference. The Juki has a few more gadgets like the knee lifter and foot pedel thread cutter, but also cost more. The Brother dosn't have the knee lifter option that I am aware of, but it does have a push button thread cutter.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by DebbyT View Post
I have a Brother 1500s. I use it on a Gracie II frame. I am on the lookout for another one, used. I would like it for FMQ on a table. I found a used one with a GQM, but she wanted $1000 for both. I passed the # to my sister and she got both for $400. What a deal . It runs so smooth and I do love it. It has a thread cutter but I don't know what you mean by 'auto trim'. I was looking at the Juki when I bought the Brother. The Brother dealer sold me when he compared the replacement cost for several parts, such as the thread cutter. It was appx $100 difference. The Juki has a few more gadgets like the knee lifter and foot pedel thread cutter, but also cost more. The Brother dosn't have the knee lifter option that I am aware of, but it does have a push button thread cutter.
I got the knee lifter with mine.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dingle View Post
I got the knee lifter with mine.
I just checked the parts with mine and the book shows the knee lift but it appears that the dealer did not include it. I bought the floor model and did not realize until now that it was an option. I will be calling the dealer. - Thanks for the heads up.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:05 PM

Love my 1500 - with the knee lift!
Old 04-17-2012, 04:29 PM

Love my 1500 too. I do all my piecing and quilting on it. Love the thread cutter & knee lift. The clear table came with mine too.