Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Bits and Pieces and some Chit Chat >

Bits and Pieces and some Chit Chat

Bits and Pieces and some Chit Chat

Old 04-20-2012, 12:23 PM

It amazes me how you can make these blocks and combine them with other fabrics and they come out looking wonderful. You have a true artist's eye. I also love your furniture. It looks like new and like really well made furniture. I will follow along and enjoy this thread. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:40 PM

Yes, all cotton from Hancocks of Paducha and my local and out of town quilt Shops.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:50 PM

Thank you ladies for all your compliments. I knew you would like the furniture. I love it.

I had company today and I am just going into the studio. I only have a half panel to do now and the quilt can be put together. I have made the quilt into three panels instead of blocks and I usually call them areas. I work on one area at a time and then make another to fit the first and so on. I like working on large areas on this type of quilt and put the black strips here and there and not necessarily the same width.

I had to remove the Victorian boy's face as it didn't look right to me lol and substituted some of Laurel's birds in the opening. I also had to rip out and replace a piece of black where a print was. Ok now to work on the last piece of the third panel and hopefully will post the finished quilt by tonight.....
Old 04-20-2012, 12:56 PM

Looks like the start of a crazy quilt.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:24 PM

Love your chitchat - however take care of your pinky and those falls - my mother has fallen several times in the past couple of years, required back surgery and no longer can sit long enough to sew. Please be careful and looking forward to seeing your quilt - I am very much intrigued now!
Old 04-20-2012, 01:30 PM

Do you use a laptop? Mine kept doing this to me and my son informed me that every time my hand touched that little square in front of the keyboard that i was hitting the mouse and when you touch the mouse you are telling it to do something...like move your curser up to the top (or bottom...or wherever) of the page. I now try to keep my hands away from there and am doing much better. Hope this helps.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:47 PM

I will be 71 in a week and know about falling. Your quilt is beautiful! You are very talented. Love your work and love the furniture. My 2 girls had a set similar to that when they were growing up.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:59 PM

Wow! Those scraps really turned into something beautiful! Also, yes the cursor disappears and it is somewhere I don't want it to be. I'm glad you mentioned it! Now I don't feel so bad!
Old 04-20-2012, 05:33 PM

I love your general chit-chat...I am so glad that I am not the only one who trips over stuff like that. I do it in my room all the time. I'll be backing up to look at how the pieces are together one way, then turn them a different way, stand back and trip over my daughter's Barbie car that she just had to zoom in here. I almost break my neck while she's out chasing her dog!

I look forward to seeing your new project the "Scrappy"; I love the colors so far.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:36 PM

Next time your going to put a nail in the wall try holding the nail with the tines of a comb. If you miss the nail only the comb gets hurt.