Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Singer Featherweight Machine from Goodwill >

Singer Featherweight Machine from Goodwill

Singer Featherweight Machine from Goodwill

Old 06-20-2012, 05:05 AM

Oh, yes, I will share pictures. She's white, too! And, I couldn't be prouder of my son, not necessarily because of what he does for me, but because he's a really GOOD, GREAT person.

There is no case or key, and there were no attachments, but I'm not terribly worried about that. He bought it for me to use, and that's what I'm going to do with it. Right now, I have a quilt-top (not yet assembled) consisting of embroidered state flower blocks (embroided by my now 85-year old aunt in the '90's. I have the sashing cut and I'm just trying to find the time to work on it. I also have a baby quit in the process (as a gift) so I've got a few things going!

Thank you all for all your comments.

Jeanette Frantz
Old 06-20-2012, 05:24 AM

What a great find and deal. I looked locally for months - years? - hoping to stumble on a deal like that. Finally bit the bullet and bought one from a dealer, and I love it!
Old 06-20-2012, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
My mom had a featherweight and shortly after her death, my dad remarried. After his 2nd wife died, my dad died. We went through all their things and I found the featherweight. I was so excited except my step-brother said it was his mom's. In the manual it had my mom's name. He insisted it was his mom's and my older brother let him have it. Made me sick. I would love to get one just like it, but can't afford to right now. Maybe someday. Congrats on your find!
Sorry to hear how you lost out - similar to what happened in my family ... but I found my FW at a garage sale for $15 - paid $20 for my 301A at another garage sale and got my treadle for $65 at a flea market - keep your eyes open and when the time is right the right machine(s) will appear. Just don't forget to believe! Hugs
Old 06-21-2012, 06:03 AM

Finally, we were able to locate a belt for the FW, and I tried to get some pictures done, but my camera was not where it was supposed to be! She really sews quite well, since she was cleaned (really wasn't dirty) oiled, etc. but since I had a meeting after work, it was quite late. I was tired and went to bed!

Thanks to all you ladies for your comments, encouragement and kindness! You're the greatest!

Jeanette Frantz
Old 06-21-2012, 06:10 AM

Wow! What a great price. Did you get the manual?