Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husband punishment >

Husband punishment

Husband punishment

Old 09-22-2012, 08:01 AM

Sorry, don't believe in this 'punishment' thing. Life is so short, my DH died way too early and I surely appreciate my present husband.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:04 AM

I think each of you has a great sense of humor. Must be fun to have such a fun playful relationship!
Old 09-22-2012, 08:05 AM

Mine has a good eye for a bargain....loves to shop....not as focused as I am when looking for something. He is definitely a Super Shopper. I guess it depends on how long Mr. Smartypants has been around, but I would think that after a few years or decades, you would tend to ignore him. I have never been a big fan of crime and punishment.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Prissnboot View Post
My husband was with me at JoAnn's the other day and I picked up a quilting book to page through. He said "OMG, did you know that book was $25?!" I said "OK, first, it's half priced, and secondly, I'm only looking at it for the pictures."

Mr. Smartypants replies, "Oh REALLY, I thought you just bought them for the articles!"

After composing myself, I informed him that ordinarily, remarks like that would land him back in the car to wait for me, but since this is what I think he wants, he just bought himself ten more minutes in the fabric store instead! Oh, and the longer I spend in the store, the more $$$ I spend as a result, so keep it up, Bucko!

So I ask you, what kind of punishments do you dole out to your Mister Smartypants?
Guess I'm lucky, when mine comes with me he will say don't you need more than that amount? One time I bought a third of a yard of green grass fabric for a wall hanging and he said don't you want more than that? I said no, then later I had to go back and buy more! I should have listened to him!
Old 09-22-2012, 08:49 AM

sounds like a lot of marriages out there with no sense of humor! My hubby and I have been married for 32 years and love to tease and joke with each other (as the original poster). BTW, we both work and buy what we want without asking permission but we still lovingly joke about our hobbies.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:21 AM

Prissnboots, I just had to laugh as my hubby loves to tease me like that too. Only read the articles LOL. And yes my Mr. Smartypants would have wanted to be sent to the car also, but I am lucky, my fabric store is right next to a Best Buy so I send him there. When he gets done (much sooner than me)he comes looking for me. And we do not have a "new age" marriage, just a good sense of teasing one another about our hobby purchases.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:29 AM

We figured out many years ago that DH's had no place in the fabric store. Luckily for us, my favorite fabric store is by Books-a-Million and Joe Muggs. He get a cup of coffee and finds himself a good book and settles in while I look to my hearts content. Works for us!
Old 09-22-2012, 09:35 AM

My DH is great and very patience, often times he looks around and find things to make my sewing easier. Like the OTTO Lights. He says they cost too much and all we have to do is get a light fixture and replace the bulb for a natural light bulb. I just nod and say ok.. and tell him that I have a small one I purchased several years ago. I'm not into punishing him, to me it serves no purpose.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:46 AM

This is us too. It works really well because he ALWAYS takes longer than I do so I just go back in. We also use cell phones if one if us is really ready to go.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:54 AM

I have a husband that never says anything about how I spend my $$. If he goes along, (which is very seldom) we end up spending more than if I got alone. He is a true keeper. Of course, I don't like to go to an adult toy store AKA Lowe's or Home Depot. He can spend hours in there and not buy anything, but I don't have the patience to wait around. So we're both happy.