Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Horrizon 7700: >

Horrizon 7700:

Horrizon 7700:

Old 09-23-2013, 02:07 PM

I love mine and just started using the button to start and stop when I do my binding...no foot pedal....Wow wish I had not waitied two years to try it. Love it!
Old 09-23-2013, 03:47 PM

There were so design problems like with the O foot. Also it tends to be finicky when compared to the 6600.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:43 PM

Thank you so much everyone . I feel so much better now. I will start using her more now. it was just so upsetting when I heard all these negitive things.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Greeter Eva View Post
Thank you so much everyone . I feel so much better now. I will start using her more now. it was just so upsetting when I heard all these negitive things.
As others have said, when reading reviews, always remember that people with unpleasant experiences feel more pressured to "tell the world", whether it is problems with a machine, a car, a store, a hotel, etc.

Those who feels like they got their money's worth, while maybe wanting to share, don't have that internal push to "tell the world" everything.

I've had my Horizon since 2010 and have used and used it. I'm enjoying it. It is my first "higher end" machine. I didn't have the 6600 before to compare with it, and thus, am very, very pleased with it. I use it daily (almost). My dh said that he didn't think that they really intended it to be used quite as much as I do--more like a manufacturing machine. Summer of 2012 I started learning FMQ on it and I love it. I had previously tried quilting on a small Hobby Pfaff with a very small throat. There is no comparison.

Last edited by justflyingin; 09-23-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:21 PM

I love mine too. I've had it for about 18 months, and it was bought after much agonising as it was a lot of money from my limited savings. It's been worth it just to be able to do FMQ without endless fights with the tension, which was the case with my old machine. So far I've used it mostly for quilting and I still have a lot of exploring to do. I do tend to go back to my Janome 4800 when using the walking foot as it produces such high-quality stitching with it, and I haven't properly got to grips yet with the 7700's built-in one. The one issue I have with it is that it doesn't like bulk, and I have to use another machine if there are several layers of fabric.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:17 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by annesthreads View Post
The one issue I have with it is that it doesn't like bulk, and I have to use another machine if there are several layers of fabric.
if it's a problem during "dogs up" sewing, experiment with the foot pressure settings.
if it's a recurring problem during freemotion, use the little wheel at the top of the spring on the convertible FM foot to adjust the distance between the foot and the fabric.
also - as with any machine - different feet will perform best under different conditions. you might want to experiment with those to see if you can find one that works better for you than the others.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:17 AM
Administrator

the reliable opinions of others have value while in the process of choosing a machine.
once you own it, the only opinion that matters is yours.
there are things i love about my machine that leave others cold.
(the opposite is true, as well. LOL)
Old 09-30-2013, 10:43 AM

There are lemons with every machine. I've had mine since they came out and it's been perfect since I got it. I did break the thread uptake lever thingy, which resulted in skipping stitches, but I got that fixed and now it sews great again. Besides that, all of my other problems have been "user error" so far LOL. Just got to remember to oil the wick once in awhile and clean the bobbin area, and she's been fine.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by bearspaws View Post
There are lemons with every machine. I've had mine since they came out and it's been perfect since I got it. I did break the thread uptake lever thingy, which resulted in skipping stitches, but I got that fixed and now it sews great again. Besides that, all of my other problems have been "user error" so far LOL. Just got to remember to oil the wick once in awhile and clean the bobbin area, and she's been fine.
Hi junior Member, what is the wick?
Old 10-02-2013, 02:27 AM
Administrator

Hi junior Member, what is the wick?
when you oil the machine, you don't glob oil all over the parts.
you put a drop or two onto the top of the wick, which distributes the oil to the places it belongs.

if you take out the bobbin case, you can see the wick in the center of the circular base underneath.
i know somebody who mistook the wick (in a previously owned machine) for lint.
she didn't figure out what it really was until she had "cleaned" off a chunk of it.

no.
i won't tell you who.
but you can probably guess. LOL LOL LOL