Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice >

2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice

2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice

Old 12-18-2013, 01:00 PM

Lisa! Holding you and your mum in the pocket of my heart. Here's hopeing it was a mild one, the type that are just a wake up call.

Emma, I've pieced my backs for at least 20 years. My dear jane was two sided! Still can't believe what possessed me to do that. I usually just pick a square size, usually in some color range like yellow green orange etc. I complete it to 4 large pieces and when I know the size of the top I add strips across and down to bring it up to size. The beauty of pieced backs is the quilts really are reversible because a plainer back shows the quilting off to advantage. And yet it is good stewardship of my dollars and stash.

I'm just putting the borders on what will be the back of this mystery. Not simple but interesting. Since I'm not at home I don't have access to my stash, but I brought up a stack of reds and some small boxes of leftovers from other quilts. I thought it would probably look like a dogs dinner but am liking it a lot. I'll take a photo when I have the camera out for the next linky.

Quilt Cam tonight 6PM west coast 9 PM east coast USA.

Sharyn
Old 12-18-2013, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltedCello View Post
I've got Brahmas, Marans, Faverolles, one little Polish mixed with a frizzled Cochin (we think), big Cochin, frizzed bantam Cochin, and two silly OEG banty hens who are broody buckets given a look. One is frizzled - she looks like a pop can exploded.

The Polish girlie is called Kabuki. She looks rather like a makeup brush.
OH! I love chickens. Could you please post photos?

Jeaninmaine, I smile every time I see Phyliss.

Sorry to be off topic ... to get back on: I'm following along with the clues and posts. But I won't have time to start this mystery until I finish last year's Easy Street.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:26 PM

Lisa hope your mom is doing better and she makes a full recovery in health, best to you both
Old 12-19-2013, 05:17 AM

More well wishes for your Mon, Lisa! I have to press a few pieces from clue 3 and am ready for clue 4. I think I'll piece more backs! I started my serious quilting by using primarily FQs and it's time to use up those that keep getting pushed aside. I have enough strips already cut for several quilts.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:21 PM

Lisa, hope you and your Mom are doing well. Isn't it nice to have something for your hands to do and occupy your mind a bit while you are by her side?

Love the chickens. I hope someday to be able to have some too. Although I live in the city they have passed an ordinance indicating how many you can have. Many in my neighborhood do but I just can't see putting them in my concrete yard.

I have part of 1 and 2 done. I have not counted. I have not started on clue #3. May have to wait until after Christmas unless I take it with me.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:22 PM
Power Poster

Didn't think I would complete Step 3 but happily I did thanks to the post on Thangles!! Sorry I don't remember your name but THANK YOU!!! I was having a problem using the Easy Angle and the small pieces. Since I had to square each one off I decided to try Thankgles and so happy I did. All my HST are even, yippee!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]452416[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2554.JPG
Views:	256
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	452416  
Old 12-19-2013, 03:53 PM

I love Thangles. Have been using them for years.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:48 PM

I was reading step 2 in my printed page of instructions and I got a little confuse where it says that you start with a unfinished block at 31/2 and finish at a 3'' finished but I notice in Bonnie picture she shows her finished chevron joined units at still 31/2'' my puzzled did I print wrong or I,m I reading wrong
Old 12-19-2013, 08:50 PM

hello miss bluebell how,s your mystery quilt coming alone
Old 12-20-2013, 12:26 AM

I have dropped behind a bit this week but now my Christmas sewing is over and the week full of Christmas dinners almost every night I hope to catch up. I tidied up one of my storage cupboards last night and found some more yellows and oranges to add to this week's clue.