Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Speaking of Paducah >

Speaking of Paducah

Speaking of Paducah

Old 01-16-2014, 01:48 PM

Default Speaking of Paducah

How is it that some workshops are already marked as "sold out" when registration hasn't begun? I must be missing something.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:53 PM
Power Poster

I was told AQS members get first chance to sign up. I am a member and don't ever remember getting advanced notice of sign up.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:57 PM

Maybe the way to stop the special signup's is to STOP buying from those stores/Teachers, and letting them know. I personally think that a large show should have All classes open to ALL at the same time. But that's just me.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Petalpatsy View Post
How is it that some workshops are already marked as "sold out" when registration hasn't begun? I must be missing something.
Class registration opened to AQS members on January 9th. Early notification is one of the member benefits (I believe you have to check that box on your member profile, Bellaboo). It's an AQS show and if they want to pack the classes with AQS members, that's their privilege.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:17 PM
Power Poster

I get emails from AQS and I did get one on 1/9 stating that early registration was open for Paducah. Tuckyquilter - I think it's only fair that a show put on by AQS gives first registration privilege to those who are AQS members. Anyone can join AQS, and with membership you get their excellent magazine, which alone is worth the price.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:30 PM

See, I thought it must be something like that, and I agree it's a reasonable benefit of membership. They don't list it on their website with all the other 'benefits of membership' though, so I couldn't be sure. Heck, if you go to one show and take one class you've paid for the membership not to mention the magazine. I was a member one year, five years ago, but I'm not one now. I really should join since I'm a day drive from Paducah and now also Chattanooga. Oh ponder, ponder, ponder...
Old 01-17-2014, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Petalpatsy View Post
See, I thought it must be something like that, and I agree it's a reasonable benefit of membership. They don't list it on their website with all the other 'benefits of membership' though, so I couldn't be sure. Heck, if you go to one show and take one class you've paid for the membership not to mention the magazine. I was a member one year, five years ago, but I'm not one now. I really should join since I'm a day drive from Paducah and now also Chattanooga. Oh ponder, ponder, ponder...
Please spill, what happens in Chattanooga? I haven't heard of an event -- but then, I don't get out much!
Old 01-17-2014, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by CookyIN View Post
Please spill, what happens in Chattanooga? I haven't heard of an event -- but then, I don't get out much!
Chattanooga gets it's own AQS quilt week this year, with the main show September 10-13. I've never spent a bunch of time in Chattanooga, so I don't know what kind of other quilty attraction they have in the town (like Paducah has The National Quilt Museum and Hancock's and Eleanor Burns.) I mostly just like the river view as I drive through going to Atlanta.

Last edited by Petalpatsy; 01-17-2014 at 02:39 PM. Reason: add another idea
Old 01-17-2014, 07:34 PM

I know this is a dumb question but what does AQS stand for? I am in Arizona and we belong to AZQS.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:21 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Members get their perks...