Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Baby Lock Aria, Crescendo or Janome 8900? >

Baby Lock Aria, Crescendo or Janome 8900?

Baby Lock Aria, Crescendo or Janome 8900?

Old 02-04-2014, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by Psossi View Post
I bought the Crescendo today. I went to the store, quilt sandwiches in hand, and spent an hour on the Unity...which I was told is the same machine as the Crescendo, but with embroidery as well.

i get my Crescendo on Wednesday. They have to bring it from one of their other store locations.

Thank you everyone for answering my questions and sharing your insight.
Congratulations! You will love it. With the Crescendo you will also receive the quilting extension table. I believe it is an option on the Unity but not included.

Again, Congratulations!
Old 02-11-2014, 02:06 PM

Default Decided on the Crescendo

Originally Posted by trennag View Post
from what I understand and what my dealer has told me they are essentially the same machine but the aria doesn't have the laser guide or the sensor pen. The lighting on the crescendo is outstanding!!! There may be a difference in the amount of stitches but I'm not sure and the compare feature on the baby lock website is not working for the aria. I seriously looked at both machines and in my area the price difference to me was worth going for the crescendo and knowing I would be happy with the extra features.
Thank you so much for all your input! The Crescendo will definitely be my new baby! (babylock, that is). I am not all that much into the embroidery, either, but deciding whether to trade in my old ellageo or not. Do y'all think there is enough of a discount when doing a trade in? My ellageo is the old antiquat4ed esg3 bought in 2002.................

Also, I'm wondering how long the Crescendo has been on the market? I am a bit afraid to buy it today, then tomorrow there is a bigger n better Crescendo that does "so much more".........etc......etc.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by skeetersmom View Post
Thank you so much for all your input! The Crescendo will definitely be my new baby! (babylock, that is). I am not all that much into the embroidery, either, but deciding whether to trade in my old ellageo or not. Do y'all think there is enough of a discount when doing a trade in? My ellageo is the old antiquat4ed esg3 bought in 2002.................

Also, I'm wondering how long the Crescendo has been on the market? I am a bit afraid to buy it today, then tomorrow there is a bigger n better Crescendo that does "so much more".........etc......etc.
I believe the Crescendo, Unity and Spirit came out in the fall of 2012. A few years ago I purchased the Ellageo BLL and in about a year they came out with the Ellageo Plus. For around a $150 I was able to upgrade my machine to the same features as the plus and the upgrade included the quilting feet, etc included with the Plus. I was very happy.

I don't know about a decision to trade in your Ellageo. That is one of those really personal choices. It would still make some awesome labels for your quilts.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:57 PM

Perhaps I should keep the ellageo for those "just in case" moments. Can't wait to get my new baby Crescendo!!
~Skeetersmom
Old 02-11-2014, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by skeetersmom View Post

I would suggest asking your dealer about the discount for trade in... For me it was worth it because my symphony was under a year old and my dealer offered full purchase price. The crescendo came out fall of 2012 and I didn't read of any problems with it prior to buying mine and I haven't had any problems at all.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:17 AM

I would have traded in my 6 mo old Symphony, but could not even get half of what I had paid for it, so I bought my Crescendo from the dealer with the best price (nearly $400 difference at the time) and sold my Symphony on Craigslist.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:18 AM

Hi
I traded my almost two year old Symphony in on my Crescendo, and I love her! The lighting, the harp space, and the laser light I am impressed with! I have used the sensor pen and it is pretty amazing, too. The big walking foot deal is big, but it sure does work wonderfully! Heard it's awesome on Minky, haven't tried that yet. Ever play with the big decorative stitches on a sashing? I want to do that.
I also have an Elegante2 so embroider a lot, too.
I love my Babylocks!
Bev

Last edited by Bevsie; 02-12-2014 at 08:21 AM.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Bevsie View Post
Hi
I traded my almost two year old Symphony in on my Crescendo, and I love her! The lighting, the harp space, and the laser light I am impressed with! I have used the sensor pen and it is pretty amazing, too. The big walking foot deal is big, but it sure does work wonderfully! Heard it's awesome on Minky, haven't tried that yet. Ever play with the big decorative stitches on a sashing? I want to do that.
I also have an Elegante2 so embroider a lot, too.
I love my Babylocks!
Bev
I just finished a baby quilt and used the large wave stitch in the border. It turned out cute but was very difficult to keeps straight because of the sideways sewing you don't have a center reference point. Also crescendo makes a different noise while sewing sideways.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	998
Size:	721.1 KB
ID:	461928  
Old 02-12-2014, 11:05 AM

Another vote for the Crescendo. I've had mine almost a year and I love it! It will sew through anything and any thickness of quilt. It also loves my favorite thread from Connecting Threads--and the laser light I can't say how much time that has saved me. When I'm doing straight line quilting, I don't have to mark the quilt, just hold a small ruler about 8 inches away on the quilt and aim the laser for that. Works like a charm.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by trennag View Post
I just finished a baby quilt and used the large wave stitch in the border. It turned out cute but was very difficult to keeps straight because of the sideways sewing you don't have a center reference point. Also crescendo makes a different noise while sewing sideways.
I was thinking it might be hard to keep straight, and yes, it's a strange noise!