Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Singer 7469Q >

Singer 7469Q

Singer 7469Q

Old 12-14-2009, 04:51 PM

Hello. I've been a lurker for quite awhile. I hope to change that soon as I'm determined to find more time for quilting and sewing.

I've had Kenmore sewing machines for many, many years. I've been happy with them all. My current machine is about 20 years old and still sewing. But, I've had a hankering to upgrade to a machine tailored to a bit of quilting and a few more decorative stitches. My very sweet husband got me a new Kenmore sewing machine and gave it to me as an early Christmas present. Sadly, we returned it yesterday. I loved all the stitches, the needle up/down, and a few other features. There were just a few things I couldn't get used to and I couldn't imagine sewing on it for long.

So, on to my question about the Singer. I saw this model in the current Joann Fabric flyer. I would appreciate anything you can tell me about this machine.

Sorry, seems I'm rambling. And, yes, I know there are great machines out there, and although they are worth the cost, purchasing one would not be in our budget right now.

Thanks so much.

Christine
Old 12-14-2009, 05:00 PM
Power Poster

I was looking at this, it seems to have a lot of options and accessories for the price. Very similar to mine and I love my machine!!! I only wish mine had the table like this one does.

http://www.selectsewingmachines.com/...FRgYagodBS84eg
Old 12-14-2009, 10:06 PM

Hi Christine and welcome to QB!

I checked on Pattern Review, which also has a very large number of sewing machine reviews, and I found a review for a Singer 7469QT. There's a small picture that's difficult to see; I'm not sure that it's the same machine as in the link posted by Amma. I'll put the link here anyway so you can check for yourself:

http://sewing.patternreview.com/Sewi.../Review/1/2645

Even if it's not the same machine you're interested in, you may enjoy reading other reviews of similar machines. Good luck! :-D

Edit: I just looked at the review again to make sure my link worked and I think I was wrong, this may be the same machine. I was confused by the price the reviewer mentioned, $800, but she's in Australia and that's in Australian dollars. I hadn't read the comments at the bottom before, in those it's mentioned that the U.S. price for the same machine in October, 2009, was $299.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:40 AM

Christine, I have had that same machine for a little over a year and enjoy it. I haven't had any problems and it does have lots of features for the price. I don't regret the purchase
Old 12-15-2009, 03:12 AM

amma, thanks for the link. That is the same machine I'm looking at. It is a plus that it comes with the table.

Sandy, I must have missed that review when searching for them on this machine. Thank you. And, thanks for the welcome.

NiceNCLady, I do appreciate hearing from someone who has this machine and uses it.

The sale prices I'm finding on this sewing machine make it real tempting to get it. But, with all the holiday bustle and chaos I don't know if it's a good time to make this decision. It would help if I could test it, but there isn't anywhere locally.

Thank you for your help.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:19 AM

Good morning, Loretta.
Thanks for the warm welcome.