Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Like I need a new project! >

Like I need a new project!

Like I need a new project!

Old 03-20-2014, 11:13 AM

you're always welcome to come over to my house to laugh at how i no longer have a dining room because the sewing machine and ironing board have taken over... not to speak of all the fabric and thread on the floor.

all this while we're supposed to be reducing our possessions to prep for our CROSS COUNTRY move. did i mention my DS is about to graduate high school and then start basic training in the marines before september... oh, and i have a million PHDs in my knitting.

in other words, you're among those who understand.

i'm sorry that your love for crafting is causing a little stress in your life, right now.
take a break and i wish you a speedy recovery!
Old 03-20-2014, 01:14 PM
KLO

I could be your twin born on a different coast but with the same problems and addictions.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:18 PM

I go through those phases also. I know when my friend and I go on a shop hop to Denver I will come home with all sorts of wonderful patterns and fabrics that I've never seen here. In preparation for that I have hauled out several projects that I haven't worked on for a long time. Figure each block completed is one block closer to finished!!
Old 03-20-2014, 01:53 PM

Only 3 new projects? Wish I could keep myself in check at only 3 projects. They will help you recover from surgery, plus a welcome break from the remodel project. Call is a sanity check, plus you will have some really nice items to share with friends and family.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
I find myself buying more fabric and patterns although I have plenty of both to last me quite a while! It's an addiction
That's for sure. I don't think I will ever get all the projects done that I have planned. Some are cut and ready to piece, some are WIPs and some are just the pattern and the fabric waiting to be cut . At least I have them all organized . LOL
Old 03-21-2014, 02:44 AM

I feel your pain! I am having a hard time resisting a couple of block of the months I've seen lately, I'm trying to resist because I am saving my pennies for my upcoming trip to Paducah. And I have a ton of other projects waiting in the wings, but sometimes I just can't pass up a "special" deal. There's always someday...
Old 03-21-2014, 03:16 AM

Thanks for all the support. I have a friend that does ONE at a time. She has NO stash. When she finishes a quilt, she gets rid of every piece that is left over. She cannot understand the rest of us. Yes, three NEW projects just purchased but you should see all the old projects that were new once also, still in the bag or on the shelf.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:18 AM

I have prided myself about keeping my stash to a minimum and only 1 or 2 UFOs, however, I just added a Joel Dewberry kit to my Craftsy shopping cart with much temptation to purchase it but I have another pattern I recently purchased waiting in the wings and don't want to get too ahead of my projects.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:19 AM

I can relate. I have 5 tops ready to baste, and another with blocks done and ready to sew together, but 2 days ago, I felt like piecing something easy. Rather than just do a bunch of chain piecing for my postage stamp quilt, I pulled out an easy quilt kit that I got on clearance. In just 2 days I have it ready to quilt as well. now I'm up to 6 tops.(sigh) I think the hold up is that I ran out of batting and am trying to decide what type to buy. It sure does feel good to do some piecing. Did I mention that yesterday, instead of quilting, I ran to SR Harris Fabric Outlet and spent the day among racks and racks of quilting fabrics? Love that place.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:35 AM

My goal for this year is to finish my UFO's. I have 5 nice plastic boxes to keep them in. I have told myself that I am not allowed to buy any more boxes. I have to empty at least one box before I can start something new so I will have somewhere to keep the new project. I have been doing pretty well with this for a while. One of the boxes is a project that I have been working on for years, it is a project with smocking on it. I can only work on it at the shop.