Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
babylock symphony to babylock crescendo >

babylock symphony to babylock crescendo

babylock symphony to babylock crescendo

Old 03-15-2014, 06:39 PM

Question babylock symphony to babylock crescendo

Anybody trade in their symphony for a crescendo? Do you like it? Was it worth the $? Did you get a good deal? The store wants to give me only $1000, and I don't know if that's good or bad. Any advice??
Old 03-15-2014, 07:08 PM

I traded my symphony for the crescendo in November! I absolutely feel like it was worth the money to me. However my dealer gave me full purchase price but I was under a year with owning my symphony. I loved my symphony and thought it was an amazing machine, the crescendo is all that to me and more!!!!
Old 03-15-2014, 07:13 PM
Power Poster

Don't know if it will help, but here is a recent thread that mentions both machines:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...e-t243010.html
Old 03-16-2014, 07:24 AM

I went from the Symphony to Crescendo after owning the Symphony for just about 6 months - both dealers in my area would only give me about $800 - so I bought the Crescendo for best price, and sold my Symphony on Craigslist for $1,200. I love my Crescendo and think it was well worth the extra money.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:15 AM

I have the symphony and absolutely love it. I am however, waffling back and forth about buying the Crecendo. Not because I need it but I sure love the idea of the laser beam and the 11" throat. If I'd did though, I would not trade my symphony. If you can pay cash, you will get a much, much better price and then you can sell your symphony outright and you will definitely get more for it than if you traded it in. It's like buying a car! JMO
Old 03-22-2014, 10:28 AM

I went from the espire(one before the symphony) to the dreamweaver combo(unity for babylock). I think you would get more money for a private sell personally. I do think the difference in the machine is worth it IMHO the crescendo has so much more features and the muvit foot alone is worth it even without the laser. I do like the laser though as well and I am looking forward to using it on HST soon. I love love my machine and don't regret my decision 2 years ago. I just regret not waiting a little longer and getting a better deal off of the price because even though I got more than my machine was worth, I got it off MSRP so still paid more than if I had waited for a sale, but I still love my machine and did get approximately 3000 dollars for my espire so I can't really complain since I paid 1800 for it. I think 1000 is not enough for your symphony as you could probably sell it for 12-1500 privately as they still cost anywhere from 18-2200 depending on your region
Old 03-25-2014, 04:22 PM

Hi
I traded in my two year+ old Symphony for a Crescendo in September, and am happy happy as can be, love it!!!
I got $1000 for my Symphony, had paid 1700 for it, not a bad deal. I got a grand deal on my new machine, too!!
I loved my Symphony, was just my dream machine...until the Crescendo and boy do I love it! The laser is awesome. the throat space is fantastic, and the lighting is like a runway. It really is a dream and I don't regret purchasing it at all.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:52 AM

Well, I decided to do it and sell my Symphony instead of trading it in. I could probably get more for it on Craig's list, but found a buyer in our quilt guild, so I know it will have a good home. Thanks for your replies. much appreciated.