Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 05-01-2014, 08:16 AM

Jan...this is a blog post but she is talking about quilt market in Pittsburg in a few weeks. Do you ever attend?

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2014/...bound.html?m=1
Old 05-01-2014, 08:37 AM

Ggal, Quilt Market is just for shops or retailers. It is huge, all the LQS in the area are closed for a few days when this is going on. Wish I had a friend who owned a shop--I'd love to be able to get a sneak peak at all the new products. Thanks for that link; a few here have mentioned her quilts and this is the first I've seen them. Hmmm-just what I need, more project ideas!
Old 05-01-2014, 09:21 AM

Hello all!

Back at you Mirabelle

QuiltE... you forget my DERANGED states its own self in my name LOL

GardenGal I would LOVE to see what you do with the Brackmans Austin QAL, especially in the Downton Abbey!!! Im drooling already I am saving the patterns but have not yet decided to do this one. I did buy the http://www.amazon.com/Jane-Austen-Qu...+austin+quilts and am anxiously awaiting the arrival in my mailbox

SIGH... I also picked up the Tula Pink City Samper book

I went to my dear friends memorial this last weekend, it was definitely different than a funeral, in a GOOD way. Just how she wanted it to be I suppose. Her BEST friend from CO. feeling her own mortality has offered me two Singer Slantomatic's, and the use of her smaller embroidery machine, that I get to keep it if I like and USE it. she will bring those out next month when she comes.

School is NEARLY done for the year... YAY

Have a good one ladies

PS
DH and I are doing therapy and doing better. I am an easy target and a doormat.. so Im instructed to tell him what I want, and tell him when Im angry..... it is supposed to work... we will see
Old 05-01-2014, 10:41 AM

My sewing story didn't start until I was 18 and newly married (celebrating 17 years tomorrow!). I wanted to make my own skirts, jumpers, nursing dresses, and then some simple dresses/jumpers for our first DD. My dad bought me a Kenmore and then the following summer I got a really good deal on an old Singer in a cabinet. I had a little help from a friend, but mostly just followed the skirt pattern I bought. As well as the other clothing patterns...I kept it very simple!

I started my first quilt in 2008. I bought a book, picked a pattern that I didn't think looked too hard and then bought FQs to make it. I reconnected with the mom of a boy I graduated with and mentioned I was working on my first quilt. She said if I needed any help finishing it to be sure to call...so, once I got all the blocks done I called and said "what's next?" She helped me to square them up and showed me how to add borders, sandwich, and bind it. I just did SITD quilting so that was easy enough. This "mom" has become a great friend and quilting buddy. She says I am the daughter she never had (she had 2 sons).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1st full veiw.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	473877   Click image for larger version

Name:	1st border.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	473878  
Old 05-01-2014, 11:53 AM

If that was your first quilt Carrie, you did a wonderful job ! ! !
Love reading all stories!

Mirabelle, what a lovely collection of bears! I love making bears too but the grands have too many soft toys as it is and I have lots and lots here so no need for more! The other day I found a Mom and baby elephant in the attic. The baby is downstairs now and Mick asked if he could take it home. He wasn't allowed........LOL

Jeanie, yes I did make lots of stuff for the twins when they were in the NICU. But it ended there too, never made a thing for them after they left the NICU. My DDIL prefers store bought clothes.

DD, I'm glad you and your hubby are doing better. (((Hugs)))
Old 05-01-2014, 05:34 PM

Thanks Anael.

Here is what I've been working on the last week...just the outer border...the inside has been done since January. I have the next border figured out and should be able to get it started tomorrow afternoon.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03411.JPG
Views:	193
Size:	428.2 KB
ID:	473935  
Old 05-01-2014, 06:33 PM

Those colors are really awesome Carrie. Great pattern!
Old 05-01-2014, 07:27 PM

Carrie is that the Medallion quilt you are doing on the Message Board, it looks great
Old 05-02-2014, 02:47 AM

Love, love, love it Carrie. Those fabrics are fantastic. I really like the Medallion style.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:06 AM

Mirabelle--yes, that is the medallion quilt I am making with the others here on the board. I made up my own border for the one that I just did. The next one will be a "dancing" piano key which was a suggested border by the ladies who organized the thread.