Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stitchers mini quilt room...got one? :) Bet you do! >

Stitchers mini quilt room...got one? :) Bet you do!

Stitchers mini quilt room...got one? :) Bet you do!

Old 06-22-2014, 07:04 PM

Wonderful idea!
Old 06-22-2014, 07:35 PM

A few years ago a friend made me a small zippered case that fits my holder for my pin cushion, thimble & thread plus has a hole for my scissors. I use that for all my notions and tuck it into a medium sized zippered bag that is big enough for my small hand quilting ring plus all the supplies I need for paper piecing. I love that I can piece or hand quilt so I can take 2 projects in different stages. I must be A.D.D. To need more than one project at a time LoL.

I love the singer box and the hexi-shaped box for supplies! All the mini quilt rooms shown are adorable!
Old 06-22-2014, 08:19 PM

One by One....I see your little basket holding your Wonder Clips - don't ya just love them! I keep mine in the little magnetic bowls and they won't fall out. Right now you can get the bowl free at Harbor Freiight with a purchase....spend as little as a dollar and it's free. Just saying.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:39 AM

I love all the things being used as mini quilt rooms. Like a few others I have several. I volunteer at a historical site in the costume shop and I have a small plastic container with my own tools, I have another for my appliqué I am working on by the chair where I watch TV and another small "to go" bag for hand piecing when I am on the move or have to wait. I am inspired now to keep my eyes open for different containers.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:41 PM

Oh no, I smell an expensive hobby coming on If money were no object would hunting down some of those fabrics be fun? It won't be me though!
I had no idea she had an eye for quilts as decor, she was ahead of her time in so many way.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PghPat View Post
One by One....I see your little basket holding your Wonder Clips - don't ya just love them! I keep mine in the little magnetic bowls and they won't fall out. Right now you can get the bowl free at Harbor Freiight with a purchase....spend as little as a dollar and it's free. Just saying.
The basket is hand woven sweetgrass by a Charleston lady named Queenie. I watched her make a large basket over the course of a few days in the market and bought it. She had this small basket to cute to pass up. The Basket ladies sit in the market weaving the baskets, or sit in the shade of a tree on the sidewalk. http://charlestonsweetgrass.com/
Old 06-23-2014, 06:11 PM

I use old tins (one belonged to my mother) and I have a couple of Shaker boxes. To keep them organized I use small ziplock baggies, some that are odd sizes that medical supplies come in or that extra shirt button, for the hexies papers and fabrics. I also have a couple of different bags, it depends on where I am going and what else I might want to take along.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:53 PM

For my GFG, I use a plastic school pencil box for threads, scissors, binder clip and other small tools, two plastic shoe boxes, one for 2 1/2 squares, hexie papers, and basting thread and the other for hexies basted but not sewn together yet. The pencil box fits in the shoe box and either is ready to go at any time. Even if it's just to the recliner in front of the TV.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:25 AM

I bought a small metal "suitcase" a few years ago, (made by Moda, think) similar to a school lunch box for my hand sewing gear. have a plastic veg container inside to corral the notions. Have also included a nice book light with a clip on one end so that in darker settings, I can still have enough light for these old eyes; just clips to the side of the metal case! Presently it holds my hexi fixings, but also good for embroidery, depending on my mood and project.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
SewExtremeSeams, I was lusting after the crystal lite container last time I got groceries. Don't care for the drink so left it on the grocery shelf wishing it was somewhere else

The smaller tin is an altoid tin with the lid appliqued then embellished with buttons and beads.
We deserve pretty things!
Crystal Lite gives me the jitters. However, I purchased a bunch of flavors before I realized this. Ask your friends if they drink CL and ask them to save the containers for you.

They are also useful for storing all of the cords we get nowadays with our electronic gadgets. I just throw a label on the outside as to which device stores what cord AND also a label on the cord itself. CL makes the darnedest containers!