Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Joannes now sells $14.99/yd >

Joannes now sells $14.99/yd

Joannes now sells $14.99/yd

Old 07-05-2014, 07:32 AM

I don't like the games Joann's plays with the coupons, and the quality overall isn't very good....I really have to check the fabric over carefully as there are flaws, as well as low thread counts. What I dislike most is the poor quality service. If you do other crafts, it's ok, I suppose. I'd rather buy online, save the money, and get GREAT service from other companies. That, and I buy locally from LQS's, too -- we need to keep them in business!
Old 07-05-2014, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by DebbE View Post
I don't like the games Joann's plays with the coupons, and the quality overall isn't very good....I really have to check the fabric over carefully as there are flaws, as well as low thread counts. What I dislike most is the poor quality service. If you do other crafts, it's ok, I suppose. I'd rather buy online, save the money, and get GREAT service from other companies. That, and I buy locally from LQS's, too -- we need to keep them in business!
I agree with this...the coupon game is aggravating. And, while I have tried to find fabric I'd buy at Joann's, it just doesn't happen. The quality is generally very poor and for just a bit more money, I can find fantastic fabric at my LQS AND get good service! Thanks for the Marshall's tip. I'll be mail ordering from there.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:04 AM
Power Poster

JAF if you didn't know is being run by a hedge fund group and they try their hardest to make the store very profitable. When you buy Kona cotton there, you are most likely getting second quality plus the price is higher than what I see on the internet. You think you are getting something for 50% off but really you are only getting 20% off. Then hopefully from their view, you will buy other things you need at a higher price. That is why they put everything on sale during those coupon promotions.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by rebeljane View Post
If you are looking for cloud 9 blenders check this out:-

http://www.marshalldrygoods.com/prod...ssics/cloud-9/
Thanks for the link, I just did a brief look and can't believe the prices. Good bye Joanns!! I have not been buying much fabric there lately mostly just my notions with coupons. In my humble opinion they are going down hill, they remodeled most of the stores in my area and made them smaller and carry less quilting supplies.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:35 PM

I've ordered several times from Marshall's. I have always been pleased. I called them and asked their opinion on whether 2 fabrics they had would work together and they went out of their way to discuss it with me. Love them!!
Old 07-05-2014, 01:03 PM

OMG, what a difference in price!
Old 07-08-2014, 02:06 PM

I buy my kona from Joanne's and some notions, only on sale/coupon. Thanks for the link to Marshalls, looks pretty neat!