Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Mini Quilt Swap- sign ups close June 20th >

Mini Quilt Swap- sign ups close June 20th

Mini Quilt Swap- sign ups close June 20th

Old 07-21-2014, 06:51 AM

So glad you like it JB!! I have a package at the clubhouse, but they are closed on weekends so I will have to have DH go get it for me today. Must not have fit in our mailbox. I did make the hanger using some heavy florist wire. A bit flimsy but I was just playing and my DD thought it was fine to send. I think a wire hanger would work really well. I usually do not do anything for hanging, I just wanted to try this. I forgot to put a note in there to tell you that the little pebbles on the quilt were collected by me at the beach by my house. One of them is a Petosky stone, which is the state stone for Michigan. One is a fossil, also. The tshirt is the biggest advertising thing I do at work. Sanilac Transportation is the county public transit, of which I am the director. So the front is us, as well as several spots on the back. The rest of the advertisers are local businesses. The "We're Sanilac Proud" is a campaign we have going to sell ads on the sides of our buses to generate more income. Cracked me up, my male drivers all wanted the hot pink ones!!
Old 07-21-2014, 06:55 AM
Suz

I am wondering how the pebbles were attached to the sand of the quilt. Please share this info. Wonderful mini!!

Forgot I wanted to add this: I am reading "Apart at the Seams" by Marie Bostwick. (Recommend same; part of a series and I need to go back and find the others.) The theme is quilt related. Regardless, this is what caught my eye, ". . . the road took a final twisting S and the rock-faced cliffs gave way to a wider and lusher valley, with rolling, painted hills, and trees ablaze with yellow, orange, umber, sienna, cinnamon and crimson."

Is this what we are talking about?

Last edited by Suz; 07-21-2014 at 07:02 AM.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:53 AM
Power Poster

Buslady the only reason I didn't post a pic of the front was my camera batteries were running low fast. Last night I tried to take another picture, and it's dead. lol.. My husband is going to try and charge some up. I love the stones on the mini. I was just rubbing my fingers across them a few minutes ago. Did you paper piece those points on the sun?
I think the wire hanger you made is perfect. You know you did a good job on it when we have to guess if you made it or bought it. I love my mini as i know everyone else does theirs. Thank you again.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:07 PM

Paper Piece? Sort of, but no paper. Don't ask. I used Jewelry glue to hold the pebbles on. I bought a package of glues a while ago. One was for "fabric" one was "flexible" and one was "Jewelry". They all looked like elmers, but I noticed this one dried clear.
Suz! I just started book 4 of that series! I also have "Between Heaven and Texas". Do you have them all? I am sharing with my DMIL, but she reads faster than I do, so they come back to me quite quickly! I'd be willing to share with you if you need any of the others. "Apart at the seams" is book 6. Very good trilogy!
Old 07-21-2014, 01:51 PM

I was able to get to the mail today and received a wonderful package from Omacookie! I love the intricate little quilt beautifully made with dozens of tiny pieces. She also some some fabric and another project for me, a pin cushion. Thanks so much!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]484419[/ATTACH]

Here's mine for you -- it should be in the mail tomorrow!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]484418[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	foromacookie.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	484418   Click image for larger version

Name:	omacookie.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	484419  
Old 07-22-2014, 03:20 AM

THANKS, I love it. Now I must wait till the postman delivers it. We have a hot air balloon festival near here every August and I usually attend. Likethedog you are so much fun to have as a swap partner. Thanks again and hugs to you.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:41 AM
Power Poster

Likethedog that is a very pretty mini you received from omacookie. It has so many pretty colors in it, and lots of little shapes.

The little hot air balloons are so pretty too with those little sheep. I like the different landscape.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:00 AM

LaQuita I finally made it to the post office during business hours! Your mini should arrive on Thursday. Sorry it took me so long to get it headed your way.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:10 AM

JuneBillie, I got your little quilt yesterday, but I will have to post a picture tomorrow. I forgot to bring it with me this morning. If you have a picture, please feel free to post it!! It is so darling! I just love the way you made it 3 dimensional!! The flowers are beautiful and that butterfly looks like it is going to fly right off! Thank you so much. I have never seen paperclips shaped like hangers before, very cute. and the fabric piece is right up my alley! I can't thank you enough. It is so much fun getting stuff in the mail.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:25 PM
Power Poster

I am glad you like it buslady. It was fun coming up with something with little things sticking out. lol... I will put a picture up for you. Those were the only hangers I had to send.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]484544[/ATTACH] This is the top of the mini I made buslady. I probably did too much experimenting. The butterfly wings stick up with a touch of paint. Flowers are yo yo's gathered very closely where the centers stick up and are stiff after I brushed on some paint thinking of some flowers with the darker middles. Next time I would probably go with a brighter color. The leaves and stem are made from a zipper. I found something like that done when looking around at some pics online, but my stitching on them got too wonky. I had fun making it though.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]484545[/ATTACH] This is the back side. I did not plan to add anything but the pink flower print. To be honest, I forgot to add some stitching to the front, and I had already quilted the mini. So what do I do, but add the forgotten stitching anyway, and didn't like how it showed up. I thought well I will sew some scrappies over it. lol.... There is a mini strip sewn on at the top to put hanger through.

This is my first artsy quilt.
Thanks for looking, and listening.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2148 (Small).JPG
Views:	89
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	484544   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2149 (Small).JPG
Views:	76
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	484545