Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST >

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Old 12-22-2015, 10:14 AM

Hello everyone...I've been away from home for over 6 weeks and returned yesterday to a Secret Santa box! Because we have not been home, I don't have anything decorated for Christmas. I will send a private message to my Secret Santa, but I wanted to say I was thrilled to open the box. I received so many wonderful items......Christmas table runner, Christmas napkins, Christmas ornaments and wonderful handmade tissue box, fabric box, tiny coin purse. I can say that this has "made my Christmas"......thanks to my Secret Santa! Nora
Old 12-22-2015, 01:46 PM

Nora - I too have not put up a single Christmas decoration - and I hate it! I love decorating for the holidays.

I have had to make quite a few (3 hour) trips to Nashville and back to Vanderbilt Eye Inst - and I am so tired from the trips and bad news always makes the trip longer! Plus side is our daughter lives there and I have had opportunity to visit with her while there. Her spare bedroom is much better than having to get a hotel and I get to visit with my "Grannddogs"! One is so funny - she starts outside in the mornings then remembers I am there, turns around and bursts through my door and ends up with her nose about 1/2 in from my face with a Good Morning. Always fun.

I enjoyed this swap so much - will definitely be prepared in advance in the future - the eye surgery on 9/11 totally changed my fall.

Rena
Old 12-22-2015, 03:43 PM

I don't know if anyone is still following this thread but I'm trying to find out if my santee received her package and if she has opened it yet or not. I've read through the pages and don't see anything.

She lives in PA and collects gingerbread men. If that sounds familiar, please let me know.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:11 PM

I know I haven't heard a word from the person I sent to. I thanked my partner left her pm. Didn't hear a word. Oh well hope all is well.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:13 PM

I have not heard a thing from the person I sent to. I know she got the package. The person I received my s s from I left pm and thanked her but heard nothing. Hope all is well'
Old 12-23-2015, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post
I don't know if anyone is still following this thread but I'm trying to find out if my santee received her package and if she has opened it yet or not. I've read through the pages and don't see anything.

She lives in PA and collects gingerbread men. If that sounds familiar, please let me know.
I'm sure she did Jane. Terri put up a post a wee while ago asking about those that hadn't received to get in touch.

I don't want to spoil the spirit of Christmas, but not making saying 'Thank you' in a private message to the sender mandatory is one of the things I don't like about this swap. It's only basic manners after all.

I'm sure there's a simple explanation like - she put it in a cupboard and forgot about it. However, we usually always fear the worst and worry if something tragic befell her or her family.

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (or as y'all say, "Happy Holidays")!
Old 12-23-2015, 08:36 AM

Hi Jane. I did receive your pkg. and posted on the board. I didn't know your board name so I had no other way of getting in touch with you. Your pkg was lovely. I just love everything - the roses, the poinsettia table runner which is on my table now, the blues fabrics, the gingerbread basket (I have sewing notions in it) the ghiradelli chocolate (yum), the gingerbread bath salts, the slippers and the candle. I wasn't able to post a picture but everything is much appreciated. Thank you so much. DebbieS
I just sent you a pm.

Last edited by DebbieS; 12-23-2015 at 08:50 AM.
Old 12-24-2015, 07:32 AM

I have also not heard from the person I sent to. I know she and her family are alright as she replied to Teri that she received her SS package. I am disappointed but refuse to let it bother me, well, maybe just a touch. If she is reading this I hope she realizes that a simple thank you would have been sufficient. Lesson learned on my part. I will not forget to take pictures after this.
Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year!
Has everyone made their New Year's resoulations yet?
Old 12-24-2015, 11:43 AM

It's from Quiltymom (Sue)
Old 12-25-2015, 02:07 AM

Irishgal (my SS) here"s my little Annie bear travelling with me around Australia. Here she is in Kalgoorlie,snuggled up with Paddy Hannan (also irish) who first found Gold in Kalgoorlie west Australia in the 1800's. Merry Christmas everyone 6pm here, 6am in the USA[ATTACH=CONFIG]538736[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	annie.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	538736