Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
NOW I am using cutting gloves >

NOW I am using cutting gloves

NOW I am using cutting gloves

Old 01-09-2016, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by gerideboer View Post
I went right to the site where Icould buy those gloves your son got for you and bought myself a pair!
Good for you! I must say that I just changed the dressing on my finger and it's still oozing pink. I have now been using these Hatch gloves for a week. I am making myself lay them on top of my rotary cutter when I finish cutting so I HAVE to pick them up to get the cutter. Might as well put them on once they are in my hand! They are comfortable and really, really grip great. This is not going to happen to me again. I salute all of you who protect your fingers but I can't imagine any other device that gives me the comfort and secure feeling of these Kevlar gloves. I am going to order a backup pair from Amazon (Hatch Street Guard Glove with Kevlar) soon as I post this. They cost around $30 but protecting my fingers is priceless. I still hurt and it is even difficult to steer while driving. (Sure, I am still cutting and piecing!)
In addition to gifting me the gloves, my son and DIL cleaned up the blood and my "meat" so I didn't have to. It was a mess. Please protect your fingers!
Old 01-09-2016, 02:05 PM

Thank you for sharing your story. You definitely convinced me and I just ordered a pair of the Hatch gloves for myself and for my niece from Amazon.
Old 01-09-2016, 04:59 PM

I did the same thing to my finger I sliced the side off it and there was nothing to sew back on, the doc use what is call Foam Jell, it looks like Styrofoam , doc laid it on the cut it took away the pain and the bleeding stop to , it stays on till it falls off and the cut than is healed. great stuff.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:40 PM

Oh, my! I stopped peeling potatoes because a potato slid out of my hand on a downward stroke of the peeler, and sliced a my pointer finger instead of the potato. I have a peripheral neuropathy, but even so that surprised me!

Like you, 3 days for bleeding to mostly stop. Since it was on the knuckle, it took over a month to heal!

I have a used accuquilt studio and use that as much as possible for cutting fabric. That was a spur of the moment purchase, but, in retrospect, a good buy!

I may have to look into the kevlar gloves!
Old 01-10-2016, 06:36 AM

I'm very sorry what happened to you, and hope you heal fast and well. But thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will look for a pair of gloves and order a pair today. The Kevlar gloves from Amazon say the protection is on the inside of the fingers and palm. I think I need to protect my entire hand. If I find a highly recommended flexible pair that does that, I'll report back here.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:33 AM

I have the Klutz glove but it's so bulky. Are these Hatch gloves thinner?
Old 01-10-2016, 08:40 AM

What do y'all think about these? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A3H4IG5YG2M689
Old 01-10-2016, 08:42 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by carolaiken View Post
Ouch! I would have fainted dead away and bled all over the carpet. My DH gave me a mesh glove they use when cutting meat at the grocery store. I feel like Sir Galahad every time I put it on I do like it better than the cutting glove I purchased because it fits snug and is easier to take off. I hang mine on a little nail over the cutting mat so I won't have an excuse to not put it on. You can buy them at Bed, Bath & Beyond for $19.99.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]539733[/ATTACH]
Cool glove! I might ask for one of these for my upcoming birthday.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Misty's Mom View Post
I just looked at this one but they don't look like they have any grip. Does anyone know about them?
Old 01-10-2016, 08:26 PM

I purchased a glove & set of candles at B, B & Beyond today. The glove, single, was $14.99. With the $5 coupon it ended up being $11.04. It does not have grippers on it but the price was right.