help on pricing machine

Old 02-03-2016, 10:45 AM

Default help on pricing machine

Hope this is not the wrong thread to post this on, but....
I am thinking about selling my Janome 6600 machine. I bought a 15000 and thought I wanted to keep the 6600, but haven't used in since June when I bought my new machine. Also have a Janome 3150 that I will definitely keep for classes, etc. I think I will include the rolling case for it and also a circular foot and it has all the attachments (everything that originally came with it). An excellent machine, I just don't need it. I will try to post on local trading posts, I don't want to ship. Do you think $750.00 is too low; too high? Right now, our economy is in a decline, so
doubt if it will sell anyway, but I don't want to give it away either. Thanks for you help, suggestions.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:14 PM

Most recent listing that sold on Ebay was on January 5, 2016 which sold for $705. The listing said it included accessories bundle (not sure what that means).

Two current Ebay listings, one listed at $255 and one listed at $1,000.

List it on Craigslist/Kijiji and if it doesn't sell for your price, drop the price by $50 and see if that works.

Just sold my Pfaff Expression 2.0. Originally listed at $750, dropped to $700 after a month and ended up selling for $650 this past weekend (those are Canadian dollars).
Old 02-04-2016, 04:15 AM

If you sell on Craig's List, your meeting place needs to be your local police department parking lot....and take someone with you. Our police department has a special location they let listers use...with cameras. Be safe.

On your machine, the price depends on the years of use and condition of machine. $750 is a good price, but if your machine has not been used much, then a higher price. They are selling 1399, new this week.

Last edited by Lady Diana; 02-04-2016 at 04:17 AM.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:41 AM

I was considering selling mine last summer when I purchased my 8900QCP and the Janome dealer thought I could get $800 as it is in prime condition... but I decided I just couldn't part with it. I still use it as much as I do my new machine and since I live on an island in the summer, it goes with me. Good luck.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lady Diana View Post
If you sell on Craig's List, your meeting place needs to be your local police department parking lot....and take someone with you. Our police department has a special location they let listers use...with cameras. Be safe.

On your machine, the price depends on the years of use and condition of machine. $750 is a good price, but if your machine has not been used much, then a higher price. They are selling 1399, new this week.
I know there has been stuff in the news, but how the heck would someone try the machine if you are meeting them in the parking lot of a police station?

I recently sold mine and bought another. The buyer came to my house and I went to the seller's house. I googled the person's name I was buying from and I was selling to. I know this isn't totally foolproof, but...

Better listing on Ebay and selling that way.