Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Baby lock Crescendo >

Baby lock Crescendo

Baby lock Crescendo

Old 05-05-2016, 12:35 PM

Default Baby lock Crescendo

Can anyone tell me what is are the reasons why the Crescendo has USB ports? I know one of the reasons if for updates but what reason would you use it to connect to your PC. I have contacted couple dealers and they seem to know as little as I do. I also contacted babylock and was told for updates and to connect to PC but I want to know for what purpose and how. I have read the manual and still need help. Is there a video that would explain it better

Any help would be appreciated
Old 05-05-2016, 12:59 PM
Power Poster

It's a machine with a built in computer. I'm not familiar with babylocks, but with the Vikings, software updates, such as enhancements and fixes are loaded this way. Also, new decorative stitches are occasionally available. The updates are available online or you can bring a USB device to your dealer. They load the update then you take it home & put it on your machine. when the updates are available, instructions are also provided to install them.
The USB on the Crescendo was probably put there for the same reasons, but babylock may have not needed to update the software nor offered additional features or stitches. If your dealer doesn't know about any updates, don't worry about it! Here's a link to the last update info. You probably have a newer machine and didn't need it:
http://www.babylock.com/ftp/whitepap...fo_Website.pdf

Last edited by PaperPrincess; 05-05-2016 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:42 PM

You can use a USB to do update or your computer so both ports are able to be used to update. I use the computer to update, you just storethe download to a folder on the computer and use the included cable to transfer to the machine. It is in my dreamweaver manual but was also in my babylock espire manual so I know for sure since both of our machines are v-series it should be in you manual. It explains how to download from the computer step by step, if not usually the company websites have tutorials on how to do the updates. There has already been several updates in the 3 1/2 years I have had my dreamweaver so check the babylock site to make use your machine is current. You can look under your adjustment menu to see the current version your machine has and compare it to the website

Last edited by Dolphyngyrl; 05-05-2016 at 08:45 PM.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:13 AM

Is it for a mouse?
Old 05-09-2016, 12:57 AM

thanks everyone for your input- I contacted a dealer in Lexington ky and with a usb media I can download stitches from my computer to the Crescendo. The usb flash drive I have was not compatible so off I go to get the correct flash drive